Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Fast and Furious

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Joe67
Banned

master
in the movie it even shows it bolted to the engine
the one you saw maybe was a stunt one, or was for the chase scene?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:32 PM
smv244
Banned

I personally think blowers are extremely ugly and probably wont look good on a mustang, but hey thats just my opinion!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:45 PM
MasterLow
1st Gear Member

Joe I'm guessing it was a stunt one since that's the most cost effective. I went to Universal Studios after the 1st or 2nd one came out, and they had all the main cars there in a little show. They were all rusting badly, paint chipping, wheels lookin like crap, etc. I dont even think they put anything over the convertable pink machine (eclipse?)
Old 04-06-2009, 11:56 PM
MonsterSN-95

Yea im not sure how many cars they made for this movie but in previous ones they would have up to 4 spare cars and a fully functional version. That was just a replica that was used for a higher risk scene and then for publicity after the movie was filmed.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:53 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

The first movie the charger they wrecked was a coronet with the blower bolted on the hood the rest of them it was a working blower or hollow it sat lower down like a real one would.What it is called is a roots blower same thing top fuel cars run but a lot bigger.I have a 871 on my drag car its a pain to see around they suck on a street car.A centrifugal blower like magnacharger will fit under the hood give you power and not block your view.But using any blower you will have to build the engine to handle it or you'll be walking soon.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:02 AM
urban_cowboy
5th Gear Member

Yeh, the Charger his dad built, he wrecked in the first movie and rebuilt in the forth movie is a blown big block (not sure if it a Hemi or 440). I personally do not like the sound of a blower, but they can make crazy power from forced air induction. I prefer the sound of a bad ars NA big block or stroked small block. Regardless, you need a bulletproof bottom end and block to run much boost.

I read an article last week that said it took 200 cars to make the movie. The Firebird he drove at the end is called F-Bomb and was featured in Hot Rod Magazine last year, or maybe two years ago.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

He drives the F-Bomb Camaro at the end? BITCHIN.

There's a guy has had a purple 67 fastback on craiglist for over a year now, has a blower, looks kinda ridiculous.

the charger from the first movie was *******, i'll download the new one tonight and see what i think of the charger, chevelle, and fbomb camaro.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smv244
I personally think blowers are extremely ugly and probably wont look good on a mustang, but hey thats just my opinion!
I'm not sure I entirely understand your signature, but I sure do approve of it.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:22 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

He is calling you an internet tough guy Waffles... Has it warmed up down there yet? Still cold as hell in the UP.

HotRod has an article on the movie this month. They had 4 Chargers with 350 chevy crate engines for the silly stuff, and one hero car with the blown Hemi in it. The scoop is an injector hat, it acts like the throttle body for the injection. Mechanical fuel injection such as Top Fuel runs, and older drag cars required something like that to be the throttle. Stuffing one on a carb is full on clown shoes, particularly if you have a wimpy engine.

Why cant they wreck imports instead of destroying vintage muscle? They killed a big block Torino too, what a waste for a movie to make silly kids go OOOOHHHHH... Just keep wrecking Civics and crap, nobody cares.

Saw the first two for free. First one in Kuwait at Camp Doha, the other a friend rented. Cant say I was impressed with anything but the sound of the Charger in the first one. I wont pay money to see any of them, and its difficult to actually sit through any of them.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by THUMPIN455
He is calling you an internet tough guy Waffles... Has it warmed up down there yet? Still cold as hell in the UP.em.
Yea, I was aware, but thanks. He's welcome to pm me and I'll give him my home address, he can come guage what he thinks of me in person instead. If we want to get into a signature war, I'll partake.

Still cold. Got 2 inches of snow last couple nights.

Quick Reply: Fast and Furious