Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Stripping

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 03:43 PM
tx-skydiver
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SJs 66coupe
What part of Texas are you from?

I am in the North part of Houston.
I'm in Dallas, but grew up in The Woodlands. Have friends down there still and visit from time to time.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:49 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

I live in The Woodlands...small world huh?

My folks moved out here in '78. The wife and I had a town home in the Galleria at one time, but then we had the boys and her company moved out here so we figured if you couldn't beat em might as well join them. We have lived out here since the boys were 5 months old and they are turning eight next month.

If you are ever in the hood let me know.

Last edited by SJs 66coupe; 05-27-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:21 PM
tx-skydiver
1st Gear Member

I live in The Woodlands...small world huh?

My folks moved out here in '78. The wife and I had a town home in the Galleria at one time, but then we had the boys and her company moved out here so we figured if you couldn't beat em might as well join them. We have lived out here since the boys were 5 months old and they are turning eight next month.

If you are ever in the hood let me know.
Wow. I moved there in 81. Things sure have changed there.

McCullough - Class of 86.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:37 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

I was class of '91...

If you want to hunt down old McC folks you should check out this site some time if you haven't already

http://www.mcculloughalumni.com/
Old 05-27-2009, 05:40 PM
tx-skydiver
1st Gear Member

I was class of '91...

If you want to hunt down old McC folks you should check out this site some time if you haven't already

http://www.mcculloughalumni.com/
Hmmmm. Interesting site. I'll check it out. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:04 AM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx-skydiver
Wow. I moved there in 81. Things sure have changed there.

McCullough - Class of 86.
Yep, they have really changed but not necessarily for the better. When I was a kid we would disappear on our bikes in the morning, spend all day in the woods building forts, hunting rabbits, etc, etc...no one would see us from when we left to when the street lights came on but they didn't think a thing about it. Now days they would've had an amber alert out for us after a few hours.

I just got an alert e-mail this morning about some guy being at a bus stop the other day and telling some girl to get in his car. Luckily she ran for it and was not harmed. This on the heals of another alert a few weeks back where some dude approach a woman at the mall with a gun and tried to get in her car...she managed to lock the door and drive away.

Exactly why even though my twins are only eight they have already been taking martial arts for about two and a half years. Not that I expect they could stand toe to toe with a grown man but a friend in California has a son that is 13 and been training since he was 8. One time a guy tried to pull the boy into the car and he stayed calm due to his training then used an escape he had learned in class and ran for it.

Personally, I don't much care for this area any more. Too many scum bags moving in and bringing the crime with them. My goal is to one day move further out, find a place with some land and build a barn out back to store and work on cars in, etc.

Lately, I have been revisiting security options for the Stang also. I never park it at the mall and places like that but a good kill switch and car alarm seem more like a good idea every day.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:51 AM
tx-skydiver
1st Gear Member

Yep. Its a shame. I don't like going there anymore. I could cross the whole "city" on my bike in 10 minutes. Not it takes 45 minutes to drive it. I actually got lost for a minute the last time I was there.

I remember the bike trails and how you could go anywhere using only those with no fear of getting run over. On the way there would always be cool spots to hang out in the woods. Then we had the "Last Annual Bottom of the Lake Festival". That was cool..except for the fact that we got lied to by Mitchell in regards to what we could and could not do on the lake. I miss houses and businesses being hidden by trees. It used to be a special, unique place.