Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Scam or no scam, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 02:29 AM
Carlos Pineiro
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by fakesnakes
Carlos, it's not necessarily $300. If he sends me a fake money order for $2,500 then he will expect $2,200 back.
OK. I just reread the original post I breezed through the first time. This is an updated version of the Western Union scam where some helpless person who didn't have a valid address asks someone who HAS a valid address (or ID) to receive a cash wire from their "Uncle", but wires too much and needs someone to send balance back The "balance" winds up coming out of the mark's account.

I lived 3 blocks from Times Square for almost 30 years. I've seen a lot of scams. All the money scams began with the old getting change for a twenty routine then confusing the mark into giving up an extra $20 in the end.

Sometimes at work (for a laugh) if I see someone counting a lot of cash, I'll interrupt and quickly ask, "Do you have two tens for a five?" with a five in my hand, and will sometimes get two tens back as requested. I always give it back since it is a joke. People who are counting fall for this more often than one would think.

CP
Old 06-08-2009, 04:02 AM
'00project
1st Gear Member

Sounds like baiting with friendly conversation. Blow that guy off and sell to someone who is seriously interested. You're out to make money not friends.