Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Worst injury sustained?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 01:26 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

lets see once with my 72 fastback i got 2nd degree burns when a heater hose came off

on the 72 again i sliced my finger open hold the tranny filter in place

again the 72, i was installing my new 351C and i pushed the hood hinges down(left the spring in place) well after about 3 days it pops up and knocks my in my jax and i believe it chipped the bone didnt break the skin though
Old 07-10-2009, 03:28 AM
MrStroked351

Ingronal hernia hurt like a sob. I was moving a 390 block across the garage. Got about half way across then the sound of my intestine blowing through my abdominal wall. Droped the block and proceded to squal around on the floor for about 15 mins . Pulled my pants down and looked at my self i had a 3rd ball the size of a large duck egg. Freaked me out started screamin more. Couldent stand up due to the pain. took me another 5 mins to crawl 50 yards too the house went to the hospital gotta 2" plastic screen in me and a 4" scar. No stitches they superglued me back togeather. Couldent hardly move for 6 weeks.

Alan
Old 07-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Canary94GT
4th Gear Member

^ holy crape
Old 07-10-2009, 10:46 AM
crunchyskippy
3rd Gear Member

I can't believe nobody has mentioned injuries to pride. You know, like your car deciding not start after you've taken a lot of compliments at a cruise-in, etc...
Old 07-10-2009, 01:56 PM
JamesW

Originally Posted by MrStroked351
Ingronal hernia hurt like a sob. I was moving a 390 block across the garage. Got about half way across then the sound of my intestine blowing through my abdominal wall. Droped the block and proceded to squal around on the floor for about 15 mins . Pulled my pants down and looked at my self i had a 3rd ball the size of a large duck egg. Freaked me out started screamin more. Couldent stand up due to the pain. took me another 5 mins to crawl 50 yards too the house went to the hospital gotta 2" plastic screen in me and a 4" scar. No stitches they superglued me back togeather. Couldent hardly move for 6 weeks.

Alan
done....YOU WIN
Old 07-10-2009, 02:03 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by JamesW
done....YOU WIN
I agree
Old 07-10-2009, 10:57 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

Late last year we put new floor pans in the Stang and decided to put in new carpet instead of the old faded stuff.

The carpet comes pre-molded but still needs some trimming. My buddy was trimming the passenger side and I was trimming the driver's side. I sat the razor blade down for a minute to use both hands getting the carpet in place. When I picked the razor back up to continue trimming, I didn't look at it before I started cutting.

Turns out I had the razor backwards, doesn't cut the carpet so well that way but will sure cut your finger like a hot knife through butter.

I wrapped it in a paper towel and taped that on and finished working that day. Came home and cleaned it out some. A day or two later the cut still wasn't closing up so instead of spending hours at the ER getting stitches, I just cleaned it out good and glued it closed with super glue. Healed right up after that with little to no scar.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Canary94GT
4th Gear Member

WTF some of you guys are so redneck (for lack of a better word) lolol
Old 07-10-2009, 11:12 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Canary94GT
WTF some of you guys are so redneck (for lack of a better word) lolol
LOL!

Actually, my step dad rode bulls and bare backs for years. He cut himself with a chain saw one time and used super glue instead of getting stitches. He told me (not sure how true) that they actually developed super glue during the Vietnam era for medics to use in the field.

Out of all the scars he has from riding bulls for years, the cut from the chain saw on his knee that he used super glue on is the cleanest scar he's got for whatever that's worth.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:43 AM
longlive289s
3rd Gear Member

ya my buddy that has the 88 4runner used super glue once when they were out rock crawling. hey if it works roll with it

Quick Reply: Worst injury sustained?