Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Worst injury sustained?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:26 AM
longlive289s
3rd Gear Member

Default Worst injury sustained?

so whats the worst injury you have sustained while workin on your baby? kinda got this thread idea from 68mustangcoupe....seemed like it should be a separate thread tho

I have two actually

1) back when i had my subs in my stang and was on break and was trying to do somethin on my radio and the subs were just too much so i popped my head up.....right into the 40+ year old/kinda rusty mirror. cue bloody head and getting off work. ended up at the hospital to get a tetanus shot

2) went to tighten up the steering box since the car was drifting all over the road. again....40+ year old parts. the nut on the box wouldnt move (btw i had the med. grade mechanix gloves on). finally gave it my absolute all to wrench it off and it let go....with my knuckles slamming into the right cross brace of the engine. didnt brake anything but got some permeant scars on my knuckles
Old 07-09-2009, 02:32 AM
racin66coupe
5th Gear Member

not the mustang but my baby.
i was welding up some exhaust on my race car over the winter. it was on jackstands and i was under it. not thinking, i layed right under where i was welding. and i went to weld a piece together. and damn gravity certainly works. i burnt through a soft spot in the metal i guess, so the metal melted, became a moulton pool of metal/weld. and guess where it landed. right on my stomache. burnt through 2 layers of shirts. landed on my stomache, caught my stomache hair on fire. now remember, its in ball type form now. so since it hurts like a **** and im on fire ( my shirt as well is catching) im frantically moving around. but so is the moulton ball on my stomache. it rolls around. and eventually makes a home in my belly button.
you can see on my stomache to this day where it rolled around. its darker. pretty cool lookin haha. but my bely button was full of puss and **** for a while since it was such a bad burn. the thing was like an 1/8 inch across
Old 07-09-2009, 02:46 AM
Canary94GT
4th Gear Member

Haha well I haven't been working on it for long enough to get hurt badly, except for a similar occasion as longlive289s' #2 where I was loosening a tight spark plug and nailed my hand right on the head.

Scars ftw. I have a Nike swoosh on my ankle from a baseball teammate stepping on my leg with metal cleats a few years back. How ironic.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:56 AM
racin66coupe
5th Gear Member

haha thats sick man
mine kinda looks like a lightning bolt goin to my belly button
Old 07-09-2009, 03:02 AM
Carlos Pineiro
3rd Gear Member

I was changing a frayed fan belt a couple of years ago, and the stock fan cut my ***** right off (It was hot, so I was working in the buff). I think it wound up under the Master cylinder, but I never found it.

OK Just kidding.

It was behind the pass. side shock tower. It really smart, but I got used to it.

CP
Old 07-09-2009, 03:06 AM
Carlos Pineiro
3rd Gear Member

OK Seriously, I was picking up one of my heads from the garage floor (with one hand, like an idiot) and my foot slipped. Somehow, I crushed a disc in my back slightly and could feel the injury for a few years after that. At first it was really bad.

CP
Old 07-09-2009, 04:03 AM
blue 67 coupe
2nd Gear Member

I have multiple scars from working on my car and half of them I don't know how they got there I just see blood and realize I hit something. But my worst would have to be taking the radiator off which isn't hard I have done it a couple times. But I was trying to get a bolt off and my hand slipped off the wrench and my arm hit the fan. Leaving a 3 inch long cut going up my arm and it was bleeding pretty bad. But it wasn't that bad but so far thats my worst one so far.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:22 AM
68MustangCoupe
2nd Gear Member

Haha, First time I inspired a thread, YAY ME! lmao!

But yea... Y'all know my worst... ripping my right earring outta my ear needing 10 stitches in such! Damn A Pillar jumped outta nowhere and said GIMME YOUR EARRING!... Something I left outta my post... The force of it was so much, and my head must of been going so fast, that my earring, which was like.. a 12 gauging... bent almost straight and I lost one of the little screw on studs
Old 07-09-2009, 06:09 AM
2+2GT
6th Gear Member

I once had the car on jack stands, after replacing the clutch. Pushed the trans in, and it fully seated. Taking a moment to rest, I laid my arm on the floor. Without a sound the trans slid out of the bell and landed on my hand, breaking all the finger bones in the palm. To this day that hand is more curved than the other one.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:43 AM
fast65
5th Gear Member

I haven't injured my self too majorly...yet. The most I've done is the typical skinning of the knuckles when a wrench slips off.

Quick Reply: Worst injury sustained?