Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

New member with Boss project (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Bossofu

Default New member with Boss project (pics)

I just came across this forum. I am building a Boss project which is just about done. Attached are some pictures.

1969 mustang with Boss 557 (Kaase Heads) 800 HP. Heidts front end and 4 link rear, TKO 5 speed, hydraulic clutch, 4 wheel disc brakes.

Should be done in the next two weeks and am considering heading to Good Guys show in Bowling Green

Old 09-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Piraya33
2nd Gear Member

That is one sweet car!!! Excellent work! I can't even imagine how much you have dumped into that thing. All the parts I can see look like they are the best money can buy. Are you completely finished? It looks like you have a little more to go. Great job, and great car!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:09 PM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

Damn, that's one heck of an introduction!!
Welcome.
Looking forward to more pics.

Lynn
Old 09-30-2009, 05:49 PM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

Your gonna need more rubber on that beast, or at least keep a couple spares handy. Great looking car. OH YEH>>>>>WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Piraya33
2nd Gear Member

In my excitement over the car I forgot to welcome you to the forum. There is a lot of good knowledge floating around in here but by the looks of your car it seems you brought a wealth of knowledge with you.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Jaded
2nd Gear Member

Sweet car! I'd love to see that in person. I'd like to see more pics of the engine bay and know about problems encountered and solved fitting everything. Compliments on the interior, looks like some fine work on the dash and a custom center console.

Please do share, for instance my project is at the beginning and one of the best ways to move ahead with custom work is to take several ideas and let them bear fruit for new ideas.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!
Old 09-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Bossofu

Default Thanks for the welcome

I appreciate the welcome. I have a great deal of before, during and finished pictures so if you need to see something let me know.

There is a roll cage and the frame is connected. The drive train was bought through "The Driven Man". The shifter actually came through the stock openning.

Here's a few construction pics:

Old 09-30-2009, 08:06 PM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

What are we looking at in the last pic with the card board and black ball thing behind the fender apron?

Lynn
Old 09-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Jaded
2nd Gear Member

I was wondering where all that was hidden. He said he has a hydraulic clutch, one looks like a vacuum resevoir and another looks like the front to back brake adjustor. There's a heck of a lot of work in there.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:25 PM
tarafied1
2nd Gear Member

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! That is my dream car!!! A Boss you can drive and drive hard!!! Man oh man that is the coolest Mustang ever! Welcome, you are more than welcome, awesome build. I just can't believe my eyes, so sweet.
Oh and it looks like the last pic is the adj brake propoertioning valve, Hyd clutch resivoir and line lock for the brakes?
Love the the tubes and engine compartment sheet metal around the radiator and aprons.

More details on the engine build please, I may never have the means to build a car like yours but I do dream of building a Boss9 for my car.

Last edited by tarafied1; 09-30-2009 at 09:41 PM.

Quick Reply: New member with Boss project (pics)