Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Mustang stores near Virginia Beach?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 12:43 AM
smittycm
1st Gear Member

Default Mustang stores near Virginia Beach?

Hello all! I'm moving from California to Virginia Beach area. I'm actually getting stationed there (Norfolk). My car is currently located in Sacramento and within minutes driving distance of several Mustang shops like Sacramento Mustang, American Mustang, and Mustangs Plus (little more of a drive). I also have a Summit Racing store located just a couple hours away in Reno. What does Virginia Beach have? I looked up Virginia Classic Mustang as I have made quite a few purchases from there, but they are over 4 hours away according to Mapquest. Is anyone familiar with the area enough to tell me if there are any good Mustang shops/classic car restoration shops in the area, or at least within a reasonable driving distance? Thanks!
Old 12-31-2009, 11:34 AM
gwb16
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by smittycm
Hello all! I'm moving from California to Virginia Beach area. I'm actually getting stationed there (Norfolk). My car is currently located in Sacramento and within minutes driving distance of several Mustang shops like Sacramento Mustang, American Mustang, and Mustangs Plus (little more of a drive). I also have a Summit Racing store located just a couple hours away in Reno. What does Virginia Beach have? I looked up Virginia Classic Mustang as I have made quite a few purchases from there, but they are over 4 hours away according to Mapquest. Is anyone familiar with the area enough to tell me if there are any good Mustang shops/classic car restoration shops in the area, or at least within a reasonable driving distance? Thanks!
I'm not aware of any Mustang specific restoration shops in the Tidewater Region, that doesn't mean they don't exist, I'm just unaware of any.
I do know that there is a salvage business that specializes in Mustang Parts in Chesapeake, VA.

Here's the "My Space" link...heard good things about them. Only dealt with them once, had good success with them. A bit expensive but I need a gas tank float for a 78 Mustang II and NOBODY makes them new...so I was at his mercy and they knew it - LOL!

www.myspace.com/johnsonsmustang

Johnson's Mustang and Truck Parts
4513 Bainbridge Blvd Chesapeake, VA 23320
(757) 545-8370
Open Weekdays 8am-5pm; Sat 9am-2pm

Good luck and welcome to Southeastern VA....where Interstate 64 is locally referred to as "The Parking Lot".....try your level headed best NOT to put a bridge or tunnel between you and work...you'll QUICKLY regret it!
Old 12-31-2009, 04:44 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

That has to be the most messed up base I have ever been on. You Navy guys have strange ideas when it comes to building a base. I dont know of any place in the area that caters to Mustangs, I was stationed in Charleston and drove up to pick up the family of one of my Airmen when they flew in from PR.

Traffic there is nuts, east coasters dont know how to drive man.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:03 AM
smittycm
1st Gear Member

Thumpin,
That sucks to hear. I'm actually in the Marine Corps. I'm an Embark Officer being stationed aboard one of the ships that ports there. I was pretty excited about going there as I've never been stationed on the East coast, but now you have me wondering. Not that I have any say in it now, but maybe I shouldn't get so excited just yet. Hopefully something exists. I don't mind doing all my Mustang shopping online so much, it's just convenient to have something legit close by.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:02 AM
TonyNDeb

NPD has a Charlotte store, but it's a ways away. Nothing close. We do sort of suck for this type of thing. Gotta hit the cruise in's Saturday nights at Jenro's. I can PM you directions. I used to get up at 4 to get to the base and get a parking spot, and then take a nap, wake up and get breakfast. Craziness living there.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:49 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Its not a bad area, you arent headed to Diego Garcia or the sand box, it just takes some getting used to. People out east dont drive smart, but I think Charleston is worse than VA. My brother was at Ft Eustis for 8 years, he loved it. Car stuff going on all the time, but he is a Mopar type. The best part is VA isnt run by anti car ***** like California is, you will have less BS to deal with. The base had a kick a$$ auto skill center, or whatever the Navy calls them, when I went through there. So it isnt a bad thing, just annoying drivers.

My cousin was a jarhead, we enlisted the same day back in 88 and he ended up driving LAVs and stuff like that. I always looked forward to a PCS because of the opportunity for advancement and meeting new and interesting people. The AF kept sending me back to Charleston because its one of the big cargo bases and my job was cargo. When I ordered parts in Charleston it only took a day or two to get there, unlike here where it can take 2 weeks by ground, so its not like its a remote.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:40 AM
03BottleFedGT
3rd Gear Member

Norfolk is alright just takes some getting used to i was stationed there for 4 years(HooRah) and my dad was stationed there back in the 70's he was navy though. never really saw any mustang shops while i was there but then again i never really had time was always out to sea. your best bet is to just order from mustangs unlimited. i always used them and normally the parts got there within a day. Semper Fi Corporal Bonham