Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech) > Classic Mustang General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
redbeard77

Vehicle: 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback
Default 1967 Mustang Fastback

I have recently inherited a 1967 Mustang Fastback. The car is in really rough condition. I am trying to find out what the car is worth as is before I start restoring it. Looking for whatever help I can get.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
redbeard77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT 5.0

Its not worth anything. You should just give it to me to dispose of for you .....
Old 04-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
racin66coupe
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1966 mustang fastback

can you be more specific about the car? and pics would help..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBloodedPony View Post
My IDs used to be FootballnCrabs, but for whatever reason everyone thought I was a homosexual football player that enjoyed spreading his STD around the locker room. Go figure.
racin66coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:37 PM   #4
chilebilly
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: '67 Mustang Fastback

I just recently insured my 1967 fastback - they stuck tightly to the nada guide for stated value. With that being, it is only worth what someone will pay. Local market really matters.

The Dream - courtesy of Fabulous Fords Forever 2010.
chilebilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:48 AM   #5
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Yeah nada guides are way off on some cars prices.Pictures and specs of the car would help more.If the door tag is still there decode it here http://www.mustangdecoder.com/plates_1966.html
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
NXPPERFORMANCE

Vehicle: all

all these replies are very helpful.... pics would be extremely helpful along with spec, motor ect., but the value of the car is really only what some one is willing to pay for it. but you should also decode the tag too, you never know if you might have something special on you hands.

good luck
NXPPERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:06 PM   #7
GT350R Klone
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback

Red,

The fastback is very desireable, however rust is a killer and is the biggest cost driver of "rough" cars.

I've seen rusted out shells run $1K, drivers in my neck of the woods run $16-$22K. Nice cars $24-$29K.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
redbeard77

Vehicle: 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback
Default 1967 Mustang Fastback

I appreciate the responses. I have gone on nada and looked, but it is hard to determine what the value is in the condition the car is in. The car is a 1967 Mustang Fastback, was built November 18, 1966, it is Raven Black with the stock 289 motor and a 3 speed manual trans and has Black Crinkle Vinyl, Standard Interior. The car has not been drove nor strated for 20 yrs. Tere is a little bit of rust that has rusted through, but mainly a lot of surface rust. I do know that the left rear quarter panel and left front fender do need replaced and the rear panel betweent the tail lights needs to be pulled out. other than that, the body is in fair condition. I am trying to upload picks to show. I want to say that I am not trying to sell this car, just curious what its value might as it is right now. This car is staying in my family for it has a lot of sentimental value even though it is in bad shape. I am going to be doing a ground up restoration on it. Thanks
redbeard77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:35 AM   #9
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Pictures would be best or pay for a appraisal.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:40 AM   #10
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1967, Ford, Mustang Fastback
James Musnicki
Send a message via AIM to musnicki

Pictures and look up 67-68 Fastbacks on Ebay. You can probably find a few cars in the same comdition as the one that you have and figure out what people are buying and paying for instead of what people are telling you what it's worth.

James

Musnicki
musnicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:40 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1966, 1967, 67, black, bumpers, classic, fair, fastback, find, left, mustang, race, series, shape, side, view, worth