Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

My '68 Build Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 08:56 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hightower2011
I know it's been a while but any updates?
Hey thanks for asking! I just hopped on to snoop as you posted this, lots of progress but sadly I haven't been home enough to take any pictures. The motor and transmission went back in the car and ran superb! We decided to quit being cheap asses and after we mocked everything up, we tore everything back apart for prep and paint. Our quick job turned into a lucky to be done by spring job but I can't wait to spray some paint on this ol girl and take her for a ride.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:06 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
Hey thanks for asking! I just hopped on to snoop as you posted this, lots of progress but sadly I haven't been home enough to take any pictures. The motor and transmission went back in the car and ran superb! We decided to quit being cheap asses and after we mocked everything up, we tore everything back apart for prep and paint. Our quick job turned into a lucky to be done by spring job but I can't wait to spray some paint on this ol girl and take her for a ride.
Glad to hear that about the motor and trans! And I'm glad to hear that. It sucks knowing it will take longer but it always pays off in the long run.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:28 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Glad to hear that about the motor and trans! And I'm glad to hear that. It sucks knowing it will take longer but it always pays off in the long run.
It will be better for the car in the long run to do it all now. My next big decision is paint color, hopefully a spray booth is in the near future though.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:12 AM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

It will be better for the car in the long run to do it all now. My next big decision is paint color, hopefully a spray booth is in the near future though.
Oh I see what you mean, that it would be better to go ahead and get started. I thought you meant that it would done by spring because you would be spending more time on it, but rather you meant it would be done in spring cause you don't have time just yet.

Last edited by hightower2011; 10-26-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:41 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

A little more update (still no pictures, give me 2 weeks or so). Motor is back in, almost done wiring. We found a rats nest of wiring that some might call a dash harness and decided to simply replace it. At this point there is no reason to cut a corner especially in something like that.

The EFI is almost done - just a little wiring to finish up. She's got a nice new full exhaust on her as well!

No more teasing, the next post will have pictures
Old 12-02-2010, 11:10 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

A little more update (still no pictures, give me 2 weeks or so). Motor is back in, almost done wiring. We found a rats nest of wiring that some might call a dash harness and decided to simply replace it. At this point there is no reason to cut a corner especially in something like that.

The EFI is almost done - just a little wiring to finish up. She's got a nice new full exhaust on her as well!

No more teasing, the next post will have pictures
Great news! What EFI unit, computer, and harness are you using? I'm wondering cause I'm planning on putting an EFI engine in my '68.

Glad to hear it's getting close to running again!

Just to encourage you... I REALLY WISH YOU POSTED SOME PICS!!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2010, 11:34 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Great news! What EFI unit, computer, and harness are you using? I'm wondering cause I'm planning on putting an EFI engine in my '68.

Glad to hear it's getting close to running again!

Just to encourage you... I REALLY WISH YOU POSTED SOME PICS!!!!!!!

I've only been home 2 weeks total in two months, cut me some slack! When I'm at the shop I never have my good camera on me. I'll be home for about two months soon so I'll take some good pictures to ***** this thread up with.

The EFI set up is a FAST EZ EFI kit. They are local to us and I got it through a friend of a friend. The shop that does all my tuning on the S197 put one on a LS that gave me the idea for this car. The motor also has a DUI distributor so all the ignition and fueling are modern and reliable. Link:

http://www.compperformancegroupstore...SmallBlockFord
Old 12-03-2010, 12:34 AM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

I've only been home 2 weeks total in two months, cut me some slack! When I'm at the shop I never have my good camera on me. I'll be home for about two months soon so I'll take some good pictures to ***** this thread up with.

The EFI set up is a FAST EZ EFI kit. They are local to us and I got it through a friend of a friend. The shop that does all my tuning on the S197 put one on a LS that gave me the idea for this car. The motor also has a DUI distributor so all the ignition and fueling are modern and reliable. Link:

http://www.compperformancegroupstore...SmallBlockFord
Haha I understand. Thanks for the link, looks like a solid piece of kit!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:20 PM
irish350

bump for an update;

Trying to decide between 'stock style' efi intake vs a carbed style intake and the ez efi myself..
Old 02-07-2011, 09:01 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Well I have an update finally, I know it's long overdue but I'll let the pictures do most of the talking for me this time! Every single electrical wire/light on this car has been replaced and it was quite a painful task!

Quick Reply: My '68 Build Thread.