Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Sunlite Gold

Old 08-19-2012, 04:22 PM
PetesPonies

I hope you stayed with the gold on gold mic . rare color combination and one that looks great.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:57 PM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nba1341

The black top and C stripe on this car really make that gold stand out, really think this car is stunning.

Ultimately it's your car and you'll have to live with it, paint it something YOU really like.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:54 PM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

honestly i was never a fan of the gold but till seeing it with the black vinyl it has started to grow on me! i say do it just like the factory put it out it would look sweet
Old 08-22-2012, 06:36 AM
BelStang

Thought that I would post a picture of how the car ended up, But can't figure how to post picture..... Rather work on cars then computers!!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:27 PM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Using the reply window, click "Go Advanced" at the bottom and use "manage attachments" to attach pics from your computer. Might have to resize them smaller but they come up as thumbnails like this.
Attached Thumbnails Sunlite Gold-picture-054-medium-.jpg  
Old 08-25-2012, 11:00 AM
mickman
1st Gear Member

BelStang, it's not too hard, and worth the half-hour or so it takes to learn. After all, "a picture is worth a thousand words" and we would all much appreciate it.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:14 AM
BelStang

Sorry,,, I dont see the ""manage Attatchments"" ...I got the ""Go Advanced"" part...

I see the ""insert image"" button but then its asks ""Please enter the URL of your image""???

What every happened to cut and past
Old 09-09-2012, 08:42 AM
mickman
1st Gear Member

You have to upload your pics to "Photobucket" and then just put a link to them.

There are few threads on how to do it - "How do you Post Pics" or something like that if you search the forum.

Looking forward to your pictures !
Old 10-06-2012, 12:47 PM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

I use Facebook to host my pictures and then hang them here.

I too, would like to see this "Gold". Like previously posted, I am a fan of the old school colours. It kinda completes the whole old school look. It's why I kept to the original Emerald Green. Not too many Emerald Green fastbacks out there, a few Highland Mountain Green (Bullet replicas) and I've never seen a gold Mustang at a car show yet.

James
Old 10-08-2012, 10:29 AM
mickman
1st Gear Member

Musnicki, my problem with the "Sunlit Gold" is that I don't think it's even gold ! It's more like a bronze or copper. I dig the color of your car - Emerald Green - but this gold is rough on the eyes IMHO. It's really flat - as you can see in the pics of the vinyl top car above - and just doesn't work for me. I dig originality and that's why I'm struggling with the same issue that Belstang is - the car came that color but man, to go with it again in this day and age is tough.

I think I'm going to go with a gold flake almost - something that has some pop and at least will be gold when you look at the door tag and then the color of the car - plus the Ivy Gold or Nugget Gold interior - should be a good combo. But then again who knows - check out the attached for another image of a Sunlit Gold '68.

- Mick
Attached Thumbnails Sunlite Gold-68-stang-sunlit-gold-2.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sunlite Gold