Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

1970 Mustang Fastback (whats it worth?)

Old 08-05-2010, 07:36 AM
2hot2trot

Default 1970 Mustang Fastback (whats it worth?)

Hey there. I'm new to this forum, so I am thinking about selling my 70 Mustang fastback, Its in almost perfect condition, needs NOTHING. Some people say it should just be a show car, but whats the point? Its black, has crager ss rims, mint interior, stereo, louvres, chin spoiler, too much to mention. I also recently had edelbrock aluminum heads added with new cam and aluminum air gap put in. The engine is gorgeous and runs like a little tazmanian devil. Also has a posi rear and new magnaflow exhaust. Honestly, I would need to write an essay to list everything.
To make a long story short, can anyone fill me in on what I can sell it for?
I can add pics as well. Thanks, I appreciate it!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:14 AM
2hot2trot

Default 70 mustang fastback pic (whats it worth)

[IMG]new haware 3 010[/IMG]
Old 08-05-2010, 10:46 AM
GT350R Klone
2nd Gear Member

2hot,
Sounds like a great car. To add pictures, you need to have them on another site, like photobucket.

I'm assuming there is no rust issues, which is a big plus in NY. What engine does it have in it? Is it auto or 4 speed?

Selling these cars for the value you think they are worth can be frustrating. Assuming your car has little collectability value (not a boss, mach or 428 car), you will be looking for someone that wants a fun weekend car that could be enjoyed. What is that worth? What someone is willing to pay and that will depend on the competition in the market and how much effort you are willing to put into marketing it and how long you are willing to wait. Below are cars in your area currently in craigslist. Certainly your car sounds above the first two and perhaps yours is on the same playing field as the third; which looks like a very nicely done car (although it is sporting ralley wheels from the wrong year, which bugs me).

To sell a car at a premium, be prepared to market it; detail the car to the max, bring it to every local "shine and show", post on every mustang forum, craigslist, a sign at every mustang shop, emails to the local mustang club, etc.

Good luck!

1970 FORD MUSTANG FASTBACK NICE - $7900 (BERGENCOUNTY)1970 FORD MUSTANG FASTBACK RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT, FRESHLY REUPOLSTERED INTERIOR. NEED PAINTJOB AND SOME LIGHT BODYWORK. MUST SEE 7900.00 OR BESTOFFER CALL 201-393-0176 NO EMAILS PLEASE THANX

70 Mustang Fastback - $7995 (Palmyra)1970 Mustang Fastback. Grabber orange exterior, Black Interior, 351 Clevland w/ Shaker scoop. 3 speed manual trans. 105 k miles. Manual steering and brakes. am radio.

1969 Ford Mustang Fastback - $25000 (Port Jefferson Station)Fully Restored, Car runs great (631)774-0780

Last edited by GT350R Klone; 08-05-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:19 AM
2hot2trot

Default 70 mustang

Thanks for the tips! do have pics on my profile here. Can u see them that way? (by viewing my album)?

Its an automatic, no rust, freshly restored. I really like the car, but I have no time to really use it. (and no room) I put over 15k recently into this car, fully knowing it is a risk.

Let me know if u can view the album on this site.
Thanks again for the quick reply!
Old 08-05-2010, 03:19 PM
GT350R Klone
2nd Gear Member

Here you go:

Very nice car. I'm sure that there will be interest in it, but to get top dollar, it will take some work on your part to market your car and all the work that you have done to it. I am going to sell mine here soon and started to pull the info together. See the below for some ideas.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:25 PM
2hot2trot

Hey thanks again!!!
Is that the mustang you have?
If not, what kind?

I can definetly market this pretty well, I have been told I can sell ice cubes to eskimos! HAHA!! Its hard though, you know, to let go of something that interests you, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...
Old 08-05-2010, 05:35 PM
2hot2trot

Hey again! If this is your car, its GORGEOUS! And, I might know someone who would really want this.. just want to make sure their not just dreamers.
This guy keeps trying to get mine, but because I know him, I rather not. I dont need to see it in my face all the time. He's my brother in law and he'd go nuts over your car!

ANother question if u dont mind... Are there any car shows you would recommend? I am somewhat shy so I havent put myself or my car out there much. (yes, I am a woman)
Old 08-05-2010, 09:11 PM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Wish I could afford your car Ken, it's fantastic. Hard to believe you're selling it.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:52 AM
GT350R Klone
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the comments. This is my car, sitting under a car cover in the garage. I built it over the past few years and I have found I don't drive it much, which is what I like to do with cars. I sold my 427 Cobra replica to build this one and I drove that thing everywhere. This car really turned out nice, with a show quality paint job and I am really afraid to leave it anywhere.

Back to 2hot. Do some searches for mustang clubs in your area, usually they will have a calendar of events. Here is one to check out:http://newyorkmustangs.com/forums/up...vents-f83.html

There seems to be quite a few clubs in NY and you could probably find one close to you. A lot of times hotrod shops will have a calendar of "shine and shows", which you can show your car to a lot of people and have your for sale sign in the window.

Good luck!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:51 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Yeah and take it to car shows with a for sale sign on it i have sold a couple of cars like that before.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1970 Mustang Fastback (whats it worth?)