Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Prodject---My dads Pony

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:12 AM
crashfab
2nd Gear Member

So my dad called me on weds and tells me his passenger side verticle windshield trim flew off someplace. So he ordered a new set to replace it so it shows up and he opens the box. Somebody decided to bend the box in half at some point so his new one was shot. Well he was all panic'd because he had a car show today. Well I did save allot of the exterior trim parts that were in decent shape and it so just happens I had the windshield ones. So he came and got it, got it cleaned up and ready for the show today. I am just loving how much he is enjoying going to the local shows..

So I was afraid there would be an issue with the windshield trim. When I installed it I used the clips that came with the new trim and I was not happy with them. They were way thinner than the stock ones and the factory ones he had also ordered were just as good as the stock ones. So the trim did not lock down like I wanted (I didn't make the same mistake with the rear trim luckily).

So I told my dad I want to get the car back this fall for a few days so I can remove the trim, pull the window again, clean the goooo and replace the clips with good ones.

Thanks everybody for your good wish's.

And hightower2011 I hope you get a chance to..
Old 09-05-2011, 02:19 PM
crashfab
2nd Gear Member

Figured I would give an update..

Dad is doing great and so far no really bad side effects from this round of chemo except short term memory which we noticed shortly after his first number of rounds of chemo. He went in about 2 weeks ago for another CT scan and the leasions on his liver and tumor have shrunk again but not allot but we will take that..

So his number one passion is photography. He has done it at a professional level for many years and 3 years ago he got one of those things of a lifetime and that was the main photographer for the Evergreen state fair. Some may remember last year after he was diagnosed he still went and did the fair. Well that time came again 13 days ago and he eagerly jumped in with my mom being his sidekick this year. Both my parents have had a blast I got a chance to hang/help him yesterday and something I will remember for the rest of my life and I pray he is able to do it again next year.

So a week before fair he went to another car show(like his 12th) and finally got himself a big old trophy and boy was he proud.Here is an article from the local monroe paper granted they got a few facts messed up but thats alright by me.
http://www.monroemonitor.com/main.as...ArticleID=2416

My dad also has another stack of parts sitting here at my shop and soon will be back so we can give it a little more love and hang with dad some more.

Thanks for everybody's support thru this last year as it has not been easy but memory making..
Old 09-05-2011, 03:38 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Praying with you...

Give your dad our best regards.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:31 AM
crashfab
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JMD
Praying with you...

Give your dad our best regards.
Will do--thank you....
Old 09-06-2011, 12:33 AM
crashfab
2nd Gear Member

I just wanted to share this one picture I was able to take while me and the wife was at the One Republic concert at the fair--my dad doing what he loves.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:15 AM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Tell dad congrats on the trophy, wishing him well.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:31 AM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

Thats so awesome that he got an award.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:32 AM
scootchu
4th Gear Member

The car is still looking great and your father even better! Keep the positive thoughts, never take the Dr's word as Gospel, and cherish any time you spend with him. I lost my father when I was in my 20's and there are so many times I would love to call him.
Remember a positive attitude goes a long way with Cancer patients and I believe you gave his attitude a huge shot. Sending you good thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:46 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Glad this was bumped or I'd have missed it. Went from the start to here, that took a bit, and totally worth it. Very nice.

Solid inspirational story, and wholly informative to boot. Best wishes to all of your family.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:45 AM
crashfab
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys.....

Quick Reply: Prodject---My dads Pony