Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech) > Classic Mustang General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #591
crashfab
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1966 pony

What an emotional day but it was a good day it was today.

Saturday we got the memorial setup and I spent the night at my moms which ended up being a nice relaxing night and we talked till pretty late.

I got up early today and got my dads car cleaned and washed up and we headed out where a local Mustang club was meeting and waiting for us in the town of Maryville (about 30 miles from the memorial location)

From there we caravaned with 10 mustangs behind us and what a cool sight it was heading down the highway.

I have never seen a flag ceremony before but they went thru the process and gave my mom a flag for my dads service in the military.

Got to see lots of folks with some I had not seen in 20 years.

For those interested here is my dads last request full filled. It was a hard thing to do but I am glad I did it and was enjoyable to watch at the service.

https://vimeo.com/41539213
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
crashfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:25 AM   #592
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 GT

Beautiful tribute to your Dad...looks like he had a good life and a wonderful family.
White05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:28 AM   #593
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 GT

I'd also like to thank everyone for condolences on my Moms passing. She went peacefully in her sleep, at home in her own bed, at the age of 87. Can't ask for much more than that.
White05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:52 AM   #594
crashfab
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1966 pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by White05GT View Post
I'd also like to thank everyone for condolences on my Moms passing. She went peacefully in her sleep, at home in her own bed, at the age of 87. Can't ask for much more than that.
I know for myself and my mom, sisters and brother having dad at home I think helped all of us allot.
crashfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:52 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1965, 65, ansen, bolts, broke, broken, bumper, cool, dads, darkshadow03gt, mustang, mustangforums, pony, project, rusted, sprint, things, yoyu