Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Who's Your Daddy....

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 10:45 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Default Who's Your Daddy....

Everyone knows that the FALCON is the Mustang's daddy right?

(Falcon introduced in 1960, the Mustang was more or less built on the Falcon platform, so it is the Mustang's daddy, so this post is not really o/t at all)

Anyway, for his first truly solo project car my younger son Mitch has turned out this nice little 64, from the styling, the engine swap, to the paint, he has done most all of this one....

Old 12-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Gun Jam

Oh yeah looks real sharp...What are the plans for it? Is it something you'll hold onto?
Old 12-08-2010, 11:05 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

Very nice. You guys put out some nice rides.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:58 AM
nba1341
4th Gear Member

Looks amazing!!! What engine is in it?

and also why is the R missing?
Old 12-09-2010, 04:28 AM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

That looks nice.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:53 AM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Wow, that looks great! Your son did a great job!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:52 AM
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

That looks sweet. Sharp looking car. Definitely looks custom, somewhat of a modern look but the wheels tie the classic look back into the car. The tires and wheels add a ton to that car. Nice job.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:28 AM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Awesome!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:31 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

congratulation! looks the business. I'm not sure about the painted bumpers but I only saw that on the 2nd look, so it can't be bad. Looks like you only need an "R" for completion. Never liked whitewall tyres but looks very good on this car I must say. very nice. the color combinatio n is great, together with the lines
Old 12-09-2010, 09:28 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Gun - thanks and Mitch says he he is keeping it unless someone tempts him with too much cash...

Valley - Thanks! my contribution on this one was minor, more of an adviser than much of anything else, Mitch is getting really good.

NBA - Thanks, the engine is a regular old 302, but actually built in a 289 block. Mitch built it from a bare block using the Pro-Comp heads I decided not to use on my 39. We wanted a relatively mild build (yea it still has the little rear end) for a cruiser, but the sob makes pretty good power. The rear will last for as long as Mitch can keep his foot out of it. The little tires will help the rear but...

Mitch needed a clip for the "R", so he pulled it off so he wouldn't loose it. it was supposed to be in the paint store at 4:00 today but it wasn't there.

TX - Thanks.

Hightower - Mitch did a great job, every time I thought he was about to finish it he went and did something else to make more work for himself, but it all paid off.

Zmetal - Thanks, yea he kind of mixed things up, I might have done some things different, but after looking at his results, I would have just messed it up by changing anything.

BA - Thanks, my reaction too.

Kalli - Thank you! I love the WW tires on the "right" car, I dig them on this car, I wanted Mitch to chrome the bumpers but he insisted on the paint, turns out I really like it.

I love the way it turned out.

He also,

Changed out the two speed auto for a used C4

Replaced both rear quarters (they were loaded with bondo)

Removed all side trim, which required welding in 87 mounting holes, (most were 1/4" x 1/4" square.)

Painted the interior, even the headliner, which actually came out great, (painted with basecoat only, was green, now red.

Dropped the car about 4" in the front, and about 2" in the back.

Quick Reply: Who's Your Daddy....