Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

First Time Buyer in need of Expert Advice ASAP! Thank You

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 01:12 AM
FoxRooster

Question First Time Buyer in need of Expert Advice ASAP! Thank You

I've been doing my research and reading this forum, but so much of this is still new to me. Found a car that I love for sale. It's a 65 tribute. The tribute aspect is actually really tempting to me cuz I need this to be a daily driver, and I'm assuming tribute means some newer parts thrown in there?

my questions

Can a tribute retain it's value?
What should I be willing to pay?
What questions should I ask the seller?
And any other thoughts you have?!?!

I'm in CA so really looking for a daily driver '65 mustang black ext. for around 8k-11k. must be reliable. ideas, thoughts, suggestions
Thanks fellas

here's some of the details and links to view:

auction link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...t_16467wt_1167

125,000 m, coupe, 8 cyl,

HERE IS A GREAT 1965 MUSTANG! I DID NOT GET IT PAINTED BECAUSE I THOUGHT SOMEONE MIGHT WANT TO PAINT IT THEIR OWN COLOR. THIS IS NOT A BONDO/RUST BUCKET. THE CAR IS LAZER STRAIGHT, ALL THE PANELS LINE UP FINE. IT WAS SEALED, PRIMERED, AND EXPOXY COATED. YOU CAN LEAVE IT AS IS, OR PAINT IT THE ORIGINAL SILVER BLUE METALLIC. I CAN ALSO ARRANGE TO HAVE IT PAINTED.

THE INTERIOR IS ALL REDONE TOP TO BOTTOM, ALL ELECTRICAL WORKS, FROM THE GAS GAUGE TO THE HORN.

THE MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION RUN LIKE NEW, NO LEAKS.

THE SUSPENSION IS SOLID, NEW SHOCKS, NEW TIRES, NEW BRAKES, AND NEW BRAKE LINES. THE CAR STEERS WITH ONE FINGER DOWN THE FREEWAY!
Old 01-29-2011, 01:15 AM
FoxRooster

correct link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...t_16467wt_1167
Old 01-29-2011, 10:49 AM
JMD
6th Gear Member

IDK, the car looks pretty clean to me, details matter, but overall this LOOKS like a pretty nice car.

Pricing can be somewhat regional, so I won't try to speculate about the pricing...

Other folks will be more qualified than I for that.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:34 PM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

I've seen worse condition cars go for more. Call the guy up and ask him if there is any rust. Have him send you pictures of the fram area right under where your feet rest inside the car, but a picture out side underneath where the frame area is. Also have him send you pictures of inside the trunk on the left and right sides, there are little pockets there that fill with water and rust out. Also the rear quarter panel behind the rear wheels. Ask him what the reserve is too, he will probably tell you.

Ask him if it leaks when it rains, cowl panels could be rusted out or clogged with old leaves and then rusted out....

Other than that, the car is either in real good condition or that guy is a real good scammer. I looked at the pictures again and it really does look good. The interior looks awesome.

His reserve is probably 10k. I think that is reasonable. It depends on what you're willing to pay. I bought mine off of ebay 5 years ago and I think that I paid more than I should have but in the end it was what I wanted for long term and I had a lot of plans for it.

I bought mine after shopping ebay from Iraq for about 4 months. I knew price ranges for what I wanted. I called a few people, bid on a few other cars before I finally won out on the little green machine that I have now.

Good luck! Looks like 6 more hours at the time of this post.

James
Old 01-29-2011, 10:36 PM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

To me that car is worth 5k tops It needs paint and under it looks old and dirty so who knows what needs to be replaced.That wire in the trunk running over the gas tank bothers me.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:48 PM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

25 minutes left....
Old 01-30-2011, 10:04 AM
JMD
6th Gear Member

SOLD..

$7800
Old 01-31-2011, 08:29 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member