Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

new guy

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 02:56 PM
carman2

Default new guy

Hello my name is jim i am looking for some info on a couple of mustangs that my cousin had bought 23 yrs ago before he was killed in a car accident.His wife and i have kept in touch over the yrs and now she is finally think about selling these cars.She had thought there son might want them but he wants nothing to do with them.Here is what i know 1 is a 64 1/2 289 4 speed. 2 is a 67 289 auto and 3rd is a 70 torineo convert. I would like to know where are the numbers on these cars so i can find out just what they are.I am into mopars but have an appreciation for all classic cars.I have some pics but not sure how to post on this site any help would be apperciated.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:31 PM
jgemperline
1st Gear Member

Sound like your cousin was a cool guy! I don't know about the numbers. But if you want to post pictures, get a photobucket (or other) account. Upload pictures there then copy and paste image link to post. [IMG]...... Those cars sound nice! Sorry about your mopar addiction! But glad you respect classic cars!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:36 PM
jgemperline
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jgemperline
Sound like your cousin was a cool guy! I don't know about the numbers. But if you want to post pictures, get a photobucket (or other) account. Upload pictures there then copy and paste image link to post. [IMG]...... Those cars sound nice! Sorry about your mopar addiction! But glad you respect classic cars!
I feel bad about the mopar stab I could not help myself! They are nice cars too! Welcome!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:50 PM
jgemperline
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jgemperline
I feel bad about that mopar joke. Sorry I could not help myself. They are nice cars too!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:07 PM
carman2

Nothing wrong with a little joke now and then thats what it is all about. I had a new 88 5.0 5 speed had to sell when first kid came in 91 was a great car had a lot of fun with it.If i could afford a new mustang i would have one best looking new car out there in my opinion.I will see about getting some pics uploaded.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:18 PM
carman2

Ok here is a link to picks.

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k308/CARMAN_06/fords/
Old 04-03-2011, 09:21 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Use photobucket.com to upload your photos.
There will be VIN tags in the dashboard (visible through the driver's side of the windshield from standing outside the car as well as a tag in the door jamb of the driver's door. Also the fenders will be stamped with the VIN #.

The VIN tag in the door jamb will have lots of info for you.

Go here and info the info you get from the Door Tag:
http://www.mustangdecoder.com/decoder.html
Old 04-03-2011, 10:20 PM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

The torino looks the best of all 3 and being a convertible is rare too.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:07 PM
carman2

Hey guys i am going go by there this week and get some numbers off these cars. I will post what i find in a couple of days.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:10 PM
carman2

Ok i went by there today and here is what i found on the white one the vin on the dash matches the title and fender apron and tag on the door.Also what i did not notice last time i was there that i saw this time was that it has gt emblems on the front fenders.Here are the numbers from the door tag.

65 AM 22 215 75 15
5ROA2240--

Quick Reply: new guy