Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Motorcycle cop.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Oxnard Montalvo
4th Gear Member

Default Motorcycle cop.

I was the only car and sitting in the left lane at a red light yesterday when a motorcycle cop on a Harley came down the hill from the right. He had the green light and took a left onto the street I was on. He then proceeded to circle my car two full laps. I saw him going behind the car in the mirrors, his eyes were all lit up and he was beaming ear-to-ear like a little kid. While circling the car he was making comments about how nice the car was and all that. The second time around he stopped next to me and said that the car looks like it's flying just sitting still. I goosed it for him and he rode off, still grinning like a kid on the last day of school.

Last edited by Oxnard Montalvo; 04-23-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Jonk67
3rd Gear Member

That's a great story, car guys are everwhere in the walk of life. Nice to get complements during a daily routine isn't it? and have someone go out of their way to let you know.

My car is a 20 footer but when it was running I drove it everyday, best story I had was when a 80+yr old woman stopped in her tracks coming out the supermarket while I was parking. She told me almost with tears in her eyes that it brought her back to the one she owned that looked just like mine ('67 Coupe/red) and how she had a flashback of her and her husband cruising on the weekends (I think he had passed), she thanked me an went on.
My wife asked what took me so long to go to the store and come back, I said 'some chick was looking at my car'...
Jon
Old 04-23-2011, 09:41 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Ive had a sheriff stop behind my car in the school parking lot and yell at me telling me I had a nice car. Then I've have county police officer park next to me in my friends neighborhood and talk to me about my mustang.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:48 PM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

I have been pulled over 3 times in mine i sat there sweating bullets the first time.Every time the cop just wanted to see the car better and ask about it.