Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Easy/Cheap 1967 DIY LED Cluster Backlight

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 08:54 PM
MustangFTW

Old 01-11-2012, 01:20 AM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

OMG! Those look beautiful!!!! What about your center gauge (is that your tach?)? Also...I put a small piece of black tape over my high beam marker in the center. I bet that it looks much much better in person than it does in that dark picture. I need to buy some LEDs omg omg omg....

James
Old 01-11-2012, 11:36 AM
MustangFTW

Center gauge is the tach, it's brighter in person. I need to tape the turn signals and highbeams to lower the intensity a bit since I removed the plastic tinted plastic.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Old 01-12-2012, 12:47 AM
blue 67 coupe
2nd Gear Member

I would agree this is one of my favorite upgrades I did. Had mine before were the greenish tint to them. I bought the ones that go directly into the stock bulbs and turned mine blue as well Wish my blinker lights were blue too though like yours mine stayed green.

Sorry for the blurry picture.
Also I read someone say their brake light lit up? I never new it was actually a light mine has never come on, when does it light up? Obviously mine is broken.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:29 AM
MustangFTW

Damn yours are nice, i think it's for the parking brake, mine didn't work, haven't checked after the new lights, my parking brake isn't hooked up correctly anyway

Old 01-12-2012, 03:06 PM
blue 67 coupe
2nd Gear Member

Haha that would make sense because mine never worked anyways. Not sure if it isn't hooked up or just broke.

And by no means am I trying to thread jack but I took a more recent picture and not so blurry

I want to try to change the color of the tach light. Then my radio lights up green so I have some weird colors going on

Also what kind of camera do you use? I couldn't get my picture that clear for the life of me

Last edited by blue 67 coupe; 01-12-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:19 PM
MustangFTW

I used my phone for all the pictures in this thread.

My radio lights up blue so my tach is the only odd ball.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:25 AM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

I went out and did it today. I went down town to Honolulu and found and awesome place called Race Factory, they had a small shop (about the size of my kitchen) but they had boxes and boxes of LED lights. I put them on while parked up on the side walk. They don't look as good with my white back ground gauges but they are bright and look awesome! Thanks for MustangFTW for starting this thread and adding some inspiration.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:13 AM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

Damn, James you work quick!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:01 AM
MustangFTW

Woah green looks awesome.

If anyone else has done anything similar please post up some pictures!

Quick Reply: Easy/Cheap 1967 DIY LED Cluster Backlight