Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

The Coupe!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Jaik

Awesome build, I really like the clean front grill with just the tri-color on it. I want to do something similar with mine when it's done, just the horse with no corral. The paint scheme really suits the car.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:59 AM
bwkelley76
3rd Gear Member

<<Thanks!!

Originally Posted by bwkelley76
Hello all, I just got back from a week's vacation in Cancun, Mexico. Maybe I need to get my priorities straight but the best part of the week was getting HOME, driving my Mustang and having a freakin' cheeseburger! lol ..the simple things we take for granted.

Today I spent the day doing some minor things to the car like installing the rear package tray, interior door lock ferrules, horse emblem on the grille (looks great), and completed the daunting task of finding the correct cooling fan/clutch assembly and a shroud. ...<<Tight quarters up there!

Pics coming soon. I may do stripes on the side, possibly FIA stripes on the fenders or something. I've visited all the basics like c-stripes, CS stripes, shelby/GT style rocker stripes, yadda yadda. This one deserves something that "fits"! ...and the vote around town so far is NO BUMBER STRIPES! ...interesting how "in person" people have different opinions.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:00 AM
bwkelley76
3rd Gear Member

Grille Emblem is on.

Definitely leaving the bumper plain, no stripes. I'm thinking about getting rid of the stripes on the rock-guard between the grille and bumper as well.

..any opinions or comments?
Old 10-01-2012, 03:15 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Since you already have it painted on there, I say leave it. But it's up to you.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Hey there. I'd think about removing the lower stripes altogether. Front view will give a low and wider look without them. My opinion. That said.. Very nice looking!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:53 AM
bwkelley76
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Adrenolin
Hey there. I'd think about removing the lower stripes altogether. Front view will give a low and wider look without them. My opinion. That said.. Very nice looking!
Thanks! ...Interesting idea and I can see your point. What would that do to the look of the plates though? ?
Old 10-03-2012, 11:55 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Do you have to have a front plate?
Old 10-04-2012, 01:57 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

That ride of yours came out beautifully...I love that yellow with those thin black stripes...what a great choice, and what great results...congrats.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Thanks! ...Interesting idea and I can see your point. What would that do to the look of the plates though? ?
I hadn't noticed the front plate there before you mentioned it. When I finished our car when we still lived in NJ where, by law, you needed a front plate also. I simply never put it on. Didn't even bother to drill holes or a mounting plate. Cops never bothered me about it.

Does CA require the front plate and do they actually enforce it on the older cars? I'd personally remove it and paint it all yellow, leaving the plate off.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

CA does require frontal license plates.

My own Mustang has them, but my truck didn't, I got busted and was issued a fix it citation for not having front plates, I placed the plate, sought another cop, and my citation was removed.

Quick Reply: The Coupe!