Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech) > Classic Mustang General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #11
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Btw the 94/95 t5 shifter is in the wrong place to fit the hole in the floor a fox body t5 fits better.And boss spindles and brakes are just standard mustang parts.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #12
jts67stang

Vehicle: 1967, ford, mustang

the spindles are not standard parts. they use bigger bearings than standard parts. and you still have to open up the hole for a foxbody t5. the 94-95 trans has the shifter back farther and this is highly advantageous to not just me but anyone not wanting to have a huge 4speed style shift lever. also the 94-95 transmission has better synchros better blocker rings and a higher overdrive so i can cruise 70mph at 2000 rpm with my 3.70 gears. its pretty glorious. also could all future comments not assume im an idiot? that would be appriciated. im not saying i know everything or trying to be cocky but this is why i stopped posting here. just a bunch of people trying to drive anyone not like-minded out of the hobby
usual bolt-ons
jts67stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #13
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Vehicle: 1965, ford, mustang fastback
Send a message via AIM to rmodel65 Send a message via MSN to rmodel65 Send a message via Yahoo to rmodel65

looks pretty interesting looking forward to see it all put together inside

can you post pics of how you grafted the bracing etc in?
rmodel65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:34 AM   #14
jts67stang

Vehicle: 1967, ford, mustang

i will. im still working on finding the time to get it all in i have everything mocked up at the moment and in place. i still dont have truly up to date photos, and now i just need to figure out whether i want to weld the frame in or make the frame bolt in
usual bolt-ons
jts67stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #15
rooky_07

Vehicle: '95 Mustang GT
Mike Rush

To hell with the haters, JT. I think it looks good at the stage it is. And I for one think that's the best idea I've heard in a long time, combining all your favorite years/styles into one. (personally I woulda tried for a Terminator style engine setup. Or better yet a twin screw pushrod 'plant! Lol) but all joking aside, thumbs WAY up!!
rooky_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #16
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 69 Grande' Coupe / 67 A Fastback

Ive seen it done before and personally like the idea and look. I would love to see how he shortend the dash to fit it. I have a 95 console in mine that doesnt exactly fit perfect, i took a heat gun to it and made the upper end match the radio bezel of my 69. Either way it works for me. I hated not having an arm rest.
boogerschnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #17
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Vehicle: 2003 GT
jake03gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts67stang View Post
the spindles are not standard parts. they use bigger bearings than standard parts. and you still have to open up the hole for a foxbody t5.
No you don't. I had one in my 67 and didn't have a problem with it fitting in the stock shifter location.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:45 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
67, 67mustang, body, classic, dash, floor, fox, mustang, restomod, s197, shifter, sn95 dash, spindles, t5, vintage