Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Anybody ever see this car around or own it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 12:57 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

And that long ago all the info was on paper and they never bothered to put it on the computers they have today.I have been in your shoes once trying to find a mustang my dad owned when i was a kid,After 4 years i found it but it was used as a parts car and left to rust i almost cried.How i found it was the local mustang club the dmv was a joke i had all the info but not owning it ever they told me i was out of luck.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Rols574
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03BottleFedGT
If it was registered in your name you can normally go to the dmv and they can give you a history of every vehicle you have owned. I know this because my ex wife did it to prove a point that I have owned way to many cars.
This is too funny!!

i'm guessing she won the argument
Old 06-01-2012, 01:28 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

A mad woman is sneaker then the cia and fbi rolled up on one lol.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:40 AM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

I traded the car in at a crappy used car dealership called Blue Ridge auto in Cherryville,Pa in the spring 1991. I went up there two days ago to see if the original owner was still there that I traded the car too and he was, said he was going to look into finding information for me but I haven't heard nothing yet ?

Last edited by 9redfox3; 06-01-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:49 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Update : I finally got to talk to the owner I bought the car from she no longer has any paper work with this car but told me she was the 2nd owner and bought it in 1972 from Amy's Garage and sold it to me in 1987.I also went back to the corner car lot I traded at to see if the guy had anymore info for me and he said no that the guy wasn't the person he thought he sold it too.So all my leads ended empty !
Old 06-09-2012, 04:42 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Default Found out what happened to my 68 today !

I posted more info on the car on pennmustang which is a local forum i'm from and sure enough a person remember the car and said this...

Quote" did you get that off a Fran, or her brother Joey on Newport Ave?

I said ...Newport Ave ya Sinky his Sister !

Quote" then i now have a reason to resent you, as that was supposed to be my 1st stang. they told my mom they would sell it to me, and a week later when i went to buy it, it was gone...

needless to say i have your answer for you, as i tracked it along with another car that was sold before i got to buy. a sweet '68 camaro with a corvette 427/4 speed.

i had finally talked the idiot with the 'stang into a title race, but before it could happen...

the dip-**** that ended up with this stang, raced the dip-**** that bought the camaro and both cars wrecked... horribly. one of them caught gravel and spun into the other causing some tree action... both walked away somewhat unhurt, but the cars didn't

sorry, but now you know. i never got to hear the yards they went to, or what happened. if i recall correctly, this was around '96 or so on kriedersville rd

I said...Is this a Joke Joe ? If not who is this person that bought my car do you still know him and would you send me a private message with his information? The reason i'm asking is this a joke because I lived here all my life and I know where Kriedersville road is and everyone knows me from town and knew that was my car why wouldn't somebody said hey your 68 was destroyed ? I'm not saying your full of crap but its so hard to believe this......

Quote" not joking whatsoever. don't remember the dude's name, only ever saw him driving and would flag him down. i grew up in northampton down on canal street until i stupidly moved away around 2002. i'm thinking of moving back as i miss the town, and the great roads around it.

hell, if a cocky kid in a '66 malibu, shelby charger, or '94 gt ever stopped you wanting to buy it when you had it, that was me.

i wouldn't blame you for not wanting to believe me, but i have nothing to gain by lying to you. as you know the car disappeared from the area, and i told you why. after the wreck the cars weren't very recognizable. it had yellow on one side from the camaro, and that was about it...

sorry i couldn't give you a more positive answer, but that's all i know. it is possible that it was bought and possibly repaired, but i don't know. like i said, the wreckers and police came; and never saw or heard of either car again.

It puts all my thoughts to rest with this car and closes this post. I leave guys with the only thing I have to remember this mustang a 28x20 picture ! So many great memories of this car......

Old 06-17-2012, 07:57 AM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Well Guys maybe I closed this post to soon beings he said the car was wrecked here in Northampton where I still live and knew the body shop and the owner being friends many years ago, where the rollbacks took these cars too.I went and talked to Paul Koehler the owner of Koehler Brothers showed him a picture he said no this car was never here and even had his workers look at the picture and they said no also.He remember this car when I owned it but said it was never here? So I started asking this guy more question that said my car was wrecked and he started changing the story and going all different directions with it? I looked into every lead he gave me and no real proof that any of this ever happened in fact I was at a Northampton reunion last night where I live and talked to alot of my old friends and everybody said that never happened that the car was seen years later in Allentown Pa. So with that being said I want to reopen this post and please keep your eyes looking for this classic 68 mustang any more information on this car would be great ! Like I said it was last seen In Allentown,Pa Thanks...........

Last edited by 9redfox3; 06-17-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:05 AM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

68 mustang with a 289 engine that was wearing down. I had foulers on the plugs ! rings where starting to leak oil engine needed to be replaced or rebuilt

Factory 3 speed manual on the floor

Installed a 9 inch rear with 390 gears something with new leaf spring? engine was all chromed out with a 600 double pump carb on it with the stock exhaust manifolds

Had a new after market cassette radio in it with a Fire Extinguisher under the glove box and after market steering wheel also had a sticker on the glove box that said get "Lei'd hawaiian style"

The color of the car looks like "forest green" I think it had ss crager rims but not a 100%

The picture shows seat covers over the front seats but the drivers side was fixed so seat covers were removed the interior looked really sharp all black !

The car had black traction bars on the rear

The bumpers I replaced they were brand new !

The car was traded in at Blue Ridge auto in cherryville in the spring of 1991 and seen later in Allentown?

I looked all through car domain for a car that looked like mine but nothing yet also might put an ad in The Lost Car Registry"

Anyone seen anything that looks like this car ? That steering wheel and sticker on the dash are a dead give away the car might be repainted so I would start there? Keep your eyes open and ask Questions? Thanks !

Last edited by 9redfox3; 06-28-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:58 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Well guys so far this is all the forum people could find.This mustang goes to the local Allentown,Pa. area cruises it does kind of look like my car but it's either a 69 or 70 mustang...Very nice looking but not my ride