Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Engine Conversion

Old 11-29-2012, 06:52 AM
Josh Reynolds

Originally Posted by rbowmar
I have to defend the sound of this engine. I have a friend with an 850 that has the BMW V 12 in it and it sounds awesome I can't imagine that the V 10:
with sound anything but great! This is not the classic American v8 muscle car and it won't sound like one but I think the conversion concept is very interesting.
:P just check this video out :
: this is the g power M5 with the tuned version of the engine and i would get them to tune it if i put this is in a Mustang. Plus the engine isn't that big here :
with a custom built gearbox to suit the car weight difference and stuff it would fit and I've deiced against using the running gear from the Beamer and find some axles and suspension etc from a Mustang tuners any ideas on what to use? oh and just to end this comment here's some engine **** : http://www.tuningnews.net/news/08010...w-m5-hr-04.jpg
Old 11-29-2012, 03:30 PM
66fstbck27

...Things NOT to do with a classic mustang...
Old 11-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Josh Reynolds

Smile

Originally Posted by 66fstbck27
...Things NOT to do with a classic mustang...
Yeah well if you read the topic you would know that im looking into an engine conversion!!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Coupe
3rd Gear Member

Don't let the ignorant get ya down josh, it's clear that some people don't even know who the stig is much less how well a BMW motor can run or that a few world class cars have used BMW engines......even the fastest. Mclaren I think used a BMW V8 to build the fastest car in the world, it can even beat up on a veyron.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:55 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

The mclaren f1 was bmw powered but the worlds fastest car is a ssc ultimate aero and its chevy powered.I'm laughing at dyno run max torque of 497 at 6900rpm my small block makes more torque then that.One thing your not thinking about a early mustang has the aerodynamics of a brick over 160 you have no steering in one.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 AM
Coupe
3rd Gear Member

The ultimate arrow...I kinda recall They make a fast car (now), kinda sux *** that it took the world so damned long to catch up to that old mclaren lol.

They do state that they designed the billet aluminum v8 so I don't know if it's a total chevy knockoff or what, I can't imagine it being cheap though.

Pushrods, I love em in my shovel but not so much in a super car.

Last edited by Coupe; 11-30-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:50 PM
smitten

Same say he eats his Mustang projects when they are complete... All we know is that they call him the 'Coupe'.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:16 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

This year they say they designed their own engine but the top speed run car was a chevy ls c5r in it.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:24 AM
toybreaker
2nd Gear Member

Do what you want. It is your car and your (soon to be emptied) bank account.
I was going to buy an E39 540I and drop the engine trans and rear suspension in my 57 bel air. But i got transferred across the country and had no where to store it for the time i was in South Carolina.... now I am in guam so it would have been 7 years instead of 3.
I figured, even with a generous "Oh F*&k" budget, that it would take about 7k for the fab to put that together and make it run right.
would have been one of a kind.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:26 AM
ZombieHuntr
1st Gear Member

just asking about dropping a bimmer motor into a stang is complete disrespect to the mustang community. If you do hack up/ruin an american icon to attempt this garbage, please do not post it up on this forum.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine Conversion