Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Build Thread: 1973 Ford Mustang Fastback

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 01:31 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

this is the 5.0 section, not classic...thread moved
Old 01-04-2013, 05:06 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

who in their right mind would loan money on a unrestored 73 fastback lol....welcome to the forums
Old 01-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Iconic.Motive

Originally Posted by mjr46
this is the 5.0 section, not classic...thread moved
Thank you for moving the thread - I apologize about that.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Iconic.Motive

Originally Posted by rmodel65
who in their right mind would loan money on a unrestored 73 fastback lol....welcome to the forums
Haha you tell me - I was thinking the same. And thank you!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Iconic.Motive

To all, if you have any questions about the Fastback - feel free to post a comment! I'll do my best to answer them.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:18 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Its not a bad start to restore just needs some tlc.Yeah i thought the show was fake and im shocked they gave a loan on that car.Some pawn shops use to do a title loan on any car that's the only way i can see a loan on it.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Iconic.Motive

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
Its not a bad start to restore just needs some tlc.Yeah i thought the show was fake and im shocked they gave a loan on that car.Some pawn shops use to do a title loan on any car that's the only way i can see a loan on it.
Yeah it's not too bad - just has a few minor rush issues and needs some TLC. Haha I'm getting a lot of comments from people saying that they thought the show was fake. I guess the show was real but they didn't make much money or get many views.

Update: The Fastback is still in the shop - the engine and transmission is getting looked at today and they will let me know what it needs to be running again and pass the emission.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Iconic.Motive

Update: I talked to my mechanic and he says there are quite a bit of things that needs to be worked on as far as the mechanical side of the Fastback. So I went ahead and gave him the green light to start working on it. When it's done, I will do my best to take pictures of the work that was done to the car. It may take a while for him to do all the work so we gotta be patient!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Iconic.Motive

Update: I will be coming home from college to check on the car this weekend. My mechanic says it will take a few months (hopefully 2 months, but 3 the latest) to do all the work that needs to be done. I will be taking pictures of the Fastback so expect a few new ones from me this weekend!

On the side, this Fastback came with the original color of Medium Aqua - I think I'm going to stick with that color. What do you guys think?

Looks like this:

The underside of the hood and the engine bay will be painted jet black. The interior of the car will be black as well. Not too sure about the wheels yet.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:06 AM
Clifton

Good posting of these pictures and sorry i have not answer what is the system of working because machinery is not my subject.

Quick Reply: Build Thread: 1973 Ford Mustang Fastback