Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Took her to the track this past weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 01:02 PM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

I have never heard of Daniel Defense, they look pretty freaking sweet though. If the market ever comes back to reality I will have to look at investing in one.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:07 PM
120mm
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Waffles
When I first got into ARs, I hated them.I thought they were a joke. I greatly preferred AKs.

When I told my buddy this, he was like "Yeah, dude. No wonder. You're messing around with Bushmasters. Get a good one."

So I bought a Daniel Defense. Holy ****. What a difference. I now have 3. I've also had a Noveske, and a BCM. All of them are VERY high quality rifles for the money. I just don't notice enough of a difference between a Daniel and a Noveske to justify the price difference. Daniel Defense makes an incredible product. And their prices are ultra Reasonable.

All of mine are full DD rifles. I have an M4v2, M4v3, and an M4v5.
My first gig in Afg was for the Poppy Eradication Force, a DoS run deal through their International Law Enforcement branch.

They were a "two firefights a day" deal.

They bought and issued us full-auto Bushmasters. At least they were SUPPOSED to be full-auto, as they all turned into straight pull carbines sooner than later, and you were lucky if your sights were not canted too far or fell out. Or the brass would seize to the chamber.

I need to be physically restrained from punching people who advocate the purchase of Bushmaster, or Needham Arms or whatever they call themselves now, firearms.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:11 PM
120mm
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 66JameStang
I have never heard of Daniel Defense, they look pretty freaking sweet though. If the market ever comes back to reality I will have to look at investing in one.
I would buy DD if you want one with a sweet rail. If I were just buying a nice upper with a Magpul fore end, I would go BCM. The good folks at DD were actually a bit astonished I just wanted a plain jane mid-length upper with their removable rear sight. (DD 1.5)

Waffles, is that a Dragunov, or a PSL?
Old 03-15-2013, 01:27 PM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

I sure would hate to break into either one of your houses!

120mm, your lady seemed to handle that AR pretty well for her first time! very impressive! i will have to look into those uppers, what kind of lowers are you using?
Old 03-15-2013, 01:59 PM
120mm
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 66JameStang
I sure would hate to break into either one of your houses!

120mm, your lady seemed to handle that AR pretty well for her first time! very impressive! i will have to look into those uppers, what kind of lowers are you using?
They are billet. But I only got them because of my friend, the Class III dude was selling them. Seekins Manufacturing makes them.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 120mm
I would buy DD if you want one with a sweet rail. If I were just buying a nice upper with a Magpul fore end, I would go BCM. The good folks at DD were actually a bit astonished I just wanted a plain jane mid-length upper with their removable rear sight. (DD 1.5)

Waffles, is that a Dragunov, or a PSL?
PSL. I had a Real Dragunov TIGER for a minute, but moved it to free up some liquid asset to buy some other stuff.

I love Daniel. BCM is high quality also, though. Would definitely buy another.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:18 PM
69FB
4th Gear Member

I need to visit one of my cousins in Detroit who is a retired Detroit Police Officer. He also has a triple black 2011 Mustang GT so he will fit right in to this group.

Oh and Waffles I went to **** Creek years ago in October when R. Lee Ermey did a Mail Call episode from there definitely a fun place to see some radical guns.