Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech) > Classic Mustang General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 01-14-2014, 12:25 PM   #1
lowglide88

Vehicle: none
Default exhaust system opinion for 65 coupe

I have a 65 coupe 289....looking to put duals on it with tri-y headers...just looking to get opinion if it would really be worth getting a full stainless system...considering the magnaflow kit...or just getting an alumized steel...the car is just for recreation during the spring thru early fall..not intended for rain or snow...car is garaged kept...everyone's opinion is welcome...looking at the cost difference... Kinda stuck on making the decision...I know the SS system would out last the car...lol....but the money saved could be used else where on the car...I just don't want to have to replace the exhaust a couple of years down the road prematurely
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
lowglide88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:31 PM   #2
dodgestang
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1965, Mustang, Fastback

Alumized (?spell?) will last just fine. I have these style pipes on my 65 (in MD/SEPA/DE/NJ) region...been on there 11 years and don't show any negative signs or wear.

11.521 at 118.85 (Best ET to date 11.26 at 121.06)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c60rI5RWnJw
dodgestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:40 PM   #3
Mark Hone

Vehicle: 2014 v6 Premium + /66 "A" Code coupe

Aluminized(sp) is the way to go. I have had mine for 14 years, drive it in spring > fall and like you store in a dry garage. No sign of rust yet. Mark
Mark Hone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #4
lowglide88

Vehicle: none

Thanks guys for your input....I'm gonna save about $300 on the exhaust kit by going with aluminized instead..that kit includes tri-y headers too....that's extra money that can go towards other parts
lowglide88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:51 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement