Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Five Facts to Know About the First Mustang

Old 07-02-2015, 07:41 PM
MustangForums Editor
MustangForums Editor

Default Five Facts to Know About the First Mustang

Five Facts to Know About the First Mustang

If you’re looking to earn your stripes as a true Mustang fan, then there are a few things you definitely should know.

Read the rest on the MustangForums.com homepage. >>
Old 07-02-2015, 10:11 PM
MtnMustang
1st Gear Member

It was a pleasure seeing the prototype in Las Vegas at the 50th Anniversary event last year. Since I was a kid I had ready about the different Mustang prototypes. My wife and I who were in LV not just for the 50th Aniv of the Mustang but were celebrating our own 25th Anviv. My wife said when I say the car that she thought I was going to bust out in tears. Guess I am getting soft at 50 years old.

Last edited by MtnMustang; 07-02-2015 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:19 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Whenever we went to visit the wife's folks in Toledo I always made it a point to visit the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn. What a treat. If you ever find yourself anywhere in the area it is a must see. The museum has everything from ox plows to jaw breakers and everything in between.

What struck me about the prototype Mustang was how small it was. Even as a life long Mustang fan, the big locomotive impressed me much more. That and the Continental Mark II.

The Gatling gun was pretty **** too. It was roped off by a little bitty velvet rope and it was sitting right there so of course I had to reach across and crank the handle a few times, figuring that, hey, if they didn't want me to play with it they would have isolated it more so I surmised that the velvet rope was just to keep people from tripping over the tripod, (that was going to be my story in case I was asked to leave). Unfortunately the firing pin or hammer had been removed so I didn't get the satisfying 'clack clack clack' sound but nonetheless, I still had fun playing like Josie Wales on it traversing and elevating it, sweeping the big steam engines making my own Gatling gun sounds.

They have since removed a vast majority of the weapons collection from public view, falling prey to the PC crowd I guess and that's a crying *** shame.

The bullschit Rosa Parks bus was highlighted instead which is also a shame since that whole scenario was a staged scam from the get go and there was nothing organic about it.

Last edited by fastbackford351; 07-03-2015 at 11:24 AM.