Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Pearson Mustang - HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 03:17 PM
sfeleanor

Default Pearson Mustang - HELP!!!

Hi everyone. Sorry for the long post, but there is a huge lesson here for all of us and I hope others can learn from my mistake.

Wanted to see if anyone had any information on Pearson Mustang. It is a shop in North Platte, Nebraska that specializes in Eleanor mustangs. The owner of the shop is Scott Pearson.

Here’s the situation – and I know I’m not alone.

I put a large deposit down for a car last June. Car was promised in August. 9 months later I have yet to see the car or my deposit. As the due date for the car came closer, Scott went MIA. Never returned any phone calls or emails.

I ended up hiring a lawyer in North Platte. Also went through the Better Business Bureau. We sent a demand letter last year, followed by a formal lawsuit. We eventually were awarded a default judgment since Scott never even responded to the courts. Now, it’s time to collect and no surprise, Scott’s bank account is empty.

My lawyer has been contacted by at least 8 different parties that have experienced the same situation – and those are only the ones we know about. All have put down deposits ranging from $30K to $90K. So, we’re talking roughly $400K of deposits collected over the last year and no cars delivered. Again, there may be more victims out there.

I just learned that Scott Pearson filed for bankruptcy last Friday.

So, I’m trying to get in touch with as many parties as possible that have dealt with Scott or are owed refunds or cars. The thought is to provide the courts with evidence of all of the deposits Scott has cashed so they are fully aware of the dollars he has collected.

Being car fanatics, I’m sure we’ve all taken the short end of the stick at one point or another, whether it be from a vendor or a customer, but this is a totally different level. We’re talking hundreds of thousands of dollars. Not sure if anything else will come of this, but at the very least I hope others can learn from my mistakes.

If there are any of you out there that have dealt with Scott Pearson or Pearson Mustang in the past, please let me know. Any other thoughts or suggestions on course of action would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help everyone! Sorry to be such a downer today.

Regards,
Kevin

Old 05-08-2006, 03:33 PM
highhilleer
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Pearson Mustang - HELP!!!

That sucks. Unfortunately about the best you can hope for at this time is the SOB goes to jail and becomes Bibba's girl friend.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:49 PM
sfeleanor

Funny! That actually might make me feel better!
Old 05-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

What does your lawyer have to say about getting any money back? That's a lot of cash that has been robbed from some hard working folks.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Fastback Guy
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I'm sorry for your loss also. I'd say just stay on top of it and press charges through the local authorities and try and ensure he gets some jail time. This may take some doing on your part but there is NO excuse for letting him off. Put in as much time as you need. Just ensure you follow up regularly.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:01 PM
67Rally
2nd Gear Member

Seems he wasn't taking orders until January of this year.

I know someone who has one built by this guy. The work is shoddy (IMO) for what you're paying.

Old 05-08-2006, 10:49 PM
sfeleanor

YEah,
He changed his website to say this earlier this year. Up until December of last year he was still taking orders.

ARGHHH!!!! $30K is a ton of money, but I know there are some folks out there that are out $90K. Please keep your ears out for any other victims.

Regards,
Kevin
Old 05-09-2006, 02:49 AM
289FB
2nd Gear Member

Sorry Kevin.. I hope this guy get what he deserves and hopfully don't show some place else with a different name and do the same thing to others.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Fastback Guy
2nd Gear Member

sfeleanor,

I'm really sorry your out all that money! Like I said earlier, stay on top of it and try to get this gu some jail time. If you're still wanting an eleanor, go to unique performance. They're pricey but their product speaks for itself.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:52 AM
sfeleanor

Thanks guys for the responses. I'll stay on top of it and see where it gets me. I feel like a total idiot, but if it saves one of us from making the same mistake it's worth it. Keep those ideas/thoughts coming and please let me know if you know anyone else who has dealt with this guy.

kevin

Quick Reply: Pearson Mustang - HELP!!!