Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Stupid kid at school........

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 01:06 PM
RichMc87Classicstang

Default RE: Stupid kid at school........

One I am a junior in HS and here that same shtuff day in and day out kids think they're 2 fast 2 furious just because they've got a ricer and then they talk smack about mustangs or american muscle in general and don't have whaat it takes to back it up and 2ndly I'm still lookin for my dream classic stang' i'm glad you found yours ! Never let go of her! especially the way my dad got rid of his 67 fastback: he let the wife drive it and she overheated it and blew the engine and then he had to sell for a down payment on a house gimme a break you can go with out a house especially when it comes to a mustang that anyone here would probable give their left lung for!! Women![:@]
Old 05-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Bobz73

Default RE: Stupid kid at school........

I finished restoring my 73 stang my junior yr, about 4yrs ago, so i can relate, rice burners are a dime a dozen, gotta give some respect though cause they r quick from time to time, but the thing that makes me laugh is all those civics and crx's and stupid 4 bangers aren't gonna be worth **** 10yrs from now, so all the money dumped into em' is burned up n e way, then on the flip side it's always nice to destroy celica gts or Prelude SI
it's always fun to show'em what american muscle is all about...
Old 05-17-2004, 09:34 PM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

Default Stupid kid at school

Well, you guys won't believe it, but today the kid apologized for what he said to me. He said "I'm sorry about going off the other day, I know I have a slow car." I am a nice guy so I said "don't worry about it, I was egging you on anyhow, I know that a V8 will beat a 4 cyl." Ya...it was awkward, I didn't really have much else to say.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:48 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Stupid kid at school

Everyone at my school wants me to race a kid for fastest car there. My 89 5.0 vs. His brand new GTO. Wish my parents would buy me a new car.[sm=smiley24.gif] I hope I can find him at a stop light [sm=smiley20.gif], then I hope my pony wins, I'm pretty sure it will though
Old 05-19-2004, 04:15 AM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

Woah! some kid at your school has a new GTO, that spoiled punk [8D] Is your Mustang stock, if it is I think he would win. Anyhow, there are plenty of people I'd like to meet at a stop light, mwhahaha, but oddly, I have had my car for 2 weeks now and I haven't met up with anyone at a stop light. when I drove the saturn everyday after school it would happen, lol.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:52 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

My car isn't stock. It's got Mac unequal headers, Mac 2.5 exhaust, GT40P intake manifold, x cam, K&N intake filter, 4.10 rear end, some fuel mods, & timing advanced as far as I could get it on 93 octane. & yes he is verrrrry spoiled.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:52 PM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

Cool man, sounds like it would be a good match, tell him to bring it on.
Old 05-22-2004, 05:25 PM
68silvercoupe
1st Gear Member

Dude, I am a junior too... I hear that same exact Sh*t too... "Man, why the f*ck are you getting a mustang? the are slow and heavy!" " When the project is done, Ok, right... Lets see here, my '68 will probably weigh about 3,000 lbs with everything in it, and has about twice the horsepower yours does!" This usually shuts them up. Unless it was this one *** in freshman year who had a '89 prelude who thought it could smoke a 5.0. I was like, "Dude, you are a gay *** motherf*ker, don't even try to race me when my car is finished, all you will see is taillights.."
However, I do agree with some rice burners are fast, but I have yet to see one that is faster than 15 seconds by a high schooler, not that mine is going to break the 13s, ( Due to Dad's stall convertor selection, rear end gears and c6 tranny) but at least i don't talk **** about it..
Old 05-23-2004, 04:58 AM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

lol, yes indeed you are in my boat.

Anyhow, I dunno how fast my 66 GT does the quarter mile in, but I know it is way faster than Honda Civics.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:40 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

I just mainly don't see a purpose in fixing up a FWD car because you can't put 500hp in it & expect it to grip, so you get bigger tires...now you can't turn. RWD you can get however big will fit in the wheel well. & pushing power is much better than pulling power in takeoff. I have found 1 purpose in fixing up a 4 cylinder, for gas milage. & if you get parts to improve flow (intake, exhaust, headers, heads, higher comp. pistons, ect...), it improves fuel economy. Only problem with that is someone is going to think your trying to build a race car

Quick Reply: Stupid kid at school........