Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

CJ PONY PARTS SUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 11:06 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

Default CJ PONY PARTS SUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

These guys were hard to deal with when I did a buy it now on e-bay for my hinge pins and bushings. They stated in their auction that USPS was one way of shipping items. They refused to ship priority mail and said Fed-Ex was the only way. After doubling my buy it now price due to shipping, I paid instantly with pay-pal. It has been 20 days and still no pkg. I have been trying to track it with fed ex and all it said was it was sent on the 6th. I emailed CJ Pony boys last week telling them I have not received the item. NO RESPONSE.
I called fed ex today and talked to a human being and he told me they printed the label but never sent the package. So, I e-mailed rip off pony parts and demanded my money back w/shipping or express mail overnight delivery. I'll keep you posted.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:08 PM
19JerseyStang64

Default RE: CJ PONY PARTS SUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

I ordered a flywheel from the and it took a month for it to come in and i only live right next door in jersey. But then again, i ordered floor boards and they were here in three days( they knew i was mad about thew flywheel)
Old 07-27-2006, 12:16 AM
farkedup
2nd Gear Member

CJ Pony parts has proven time and time again to be the best place for me! I get everything about 3 days after ordering. I've ordered about 10-15 things from them but nothing in the past few weeks... Maybe they're having a rough week?

I live in Michigan which I believe is like 2 days ground.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:27 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I got my trunk lid there and it was excellent service and quality part. But, no shipping, i picked it up in the store.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:37 AM
farkedup
2nd Gear Member

keep me updated guys, I was just thinking about ordering my rear brakes from them but if they're having some problems right now I'll look at a couple of other sources.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:01 AM
hity645
2nd Gear Member

They've been nothing but great to me, though Ive never ordered online and always call to place the order.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:42 AM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

The box showed today. The wife accepted it and didn't tell me. However, the box was shipped on the 19th. I looked at the order date and it was the 2nd. I guess late is better than never.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:33 AM
67Rally
2nd Gear Member

Ya know...I think we have some expectation issues nowdays with the immediacy of the internet and overnight shipping. We're so ready to flame people because we are impatient. However, it does appear that something was amiss in this transaction. But, I prefer to give companies that have good reputations the benefit of the doubt...even when it appears that I am getting screwed.

Although I have never purchased from CJPP, I know that many have and had great experiences. That holds true for almost any company. When humans are involved, mistakes can get made. The true test of a company is how they respond to YOUR mistakes. Companies like Nordstrom and Costco do outstanding jobs in this arena. Many more do great jobs fixing THEIR mistakes.

What I am trying to say is that we should be careful with our wording when we are frustrated in a case like this (I am speaking to myself as much as anyone else).

I had an experience with Hertz a few weeks ago trying to rent a GT-H for the Mustangs Northwest Roundup. They tried to charge me $700 for 2 days of rental. The quoted rate was $115 ($145 including taxes). I asked why there was a change...the counter person's response was that they increased the price due to the high demand. I declined the car and took a convertable V6 Mustang instead and had a blast. I was fine until I saw the very GT-H I was going to rent (it was parked next to the 'vert' that I took) and spoke with the guy who rented it. He got the car for the original quoted rate. I was pissed.

When I returned the vert, I complained (very nicely) to the check-in dude...and he went to get his manager. He had explained everything as I told him. I told the manager that I had a great time in the convertable and that I wouldn't have had an issue had I not run into the GT-H at the show. She said something was very wrong with what happened to me and gave me a free day's rental of the GT-H at my next rental.

I normal lay into people who try to screw me...but I have been learning (it only took a few decades) that people like to be treated with respect and dignity. So that is what I did...and the manager responded in kind.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:52 AM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

You are right, I think everybody want's it now. I get excited when I order parts and can't wait to get them. On the other hand, they could have kept me posted if maybe they didn't have the parts and had to wait a while before sending them. I ordered about the 2nd of July. Fed-Ex told me they printed the shipping label on the 6th. The box didn't ship until the 19th. A little communication goes a long way. Their add said they ship USPS and Fed-Ex. Living in AK makes it expensive to ship and receive. I asked if they would ship Priority and they said Fed-Ex only. Since I did the e-bay thing I honored the contract and paid $15 shipping when it could have been $8 and received within a week. They are good quality parts and I like the looks of their catalog. I may order from them again someday.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:31 AM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

If you ordered directly from CJPonyParts the shipping would've been free. Wed during July they were offering it...

Quick Reply: CJ PONY PARTS SUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!