Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

So I had a slight lapse of self control this weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 08:45 PM
66ckurt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: So I had a slight lapse of self control this weekend...

my dads mechanic (scott) is like that, believes just because im 18 he thinks i know nothing about cars i know a bit but i know my car well. i took apart my engine on day to rebuild the top end and see the inner workings(sounds odd i know but i did) and then i found out i could use a 87-92 5.0L and put all my goodies on that engine. So i had to rebuild my engine and use it before i could get the new one. Before i started i was asking around about the problems i was going to run into and found out things like the adjustable valves etc. The day before i built the engine i went to my dads mechanic and asked him about my piston chatter problem and a few other things and he responded don;t touch the engine your only gunna screw up the time and screw the engine. Wow who says that to an 18 year old, so i went home and the next day i built the engine from the core up and started it first try. There was a leak in the water pump no biggy but i was impressed with myself so i went back to scott and asked him about making new brake lines for the granada swap and made a few comments about my work
Old 08-08-2006, 09:00 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

i ve been working on cars since i was 14 i got a mg midget i got it running but then i out grew that car literally i answer questions for people when they ask the parts guys they give me looks like yeah right i quess my 2 years of auto mechanic classes and auto body were for nothing? [8D]
Old 08-09-2006, 09:53 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

congrats to both of you l admire any body who has mechanical skills i wisg mine were better i can do brake jobs and graet on electrical but dont have the confidance to go deep inside
Old 08-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Scott H.
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lClutchl
<<<<<snip>>>>>&gt ;
Right about here I realize I've taken a step forward and I’m alternately glaring at both of them with possibly the meanest look I’ve had on my face since last Halloween
<<<<<<<Snip>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>

OK, so I want to hear the Holloween story!

Inquiring minds,... and all that crap
Old 08-09-2006, 11:31 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

I had a similar experience witha rude mechanic that I worked with. One day he was doin some suspension work on a car, I was watchin em, I had noticed he tightend a control arm with out the weight of the vehicle being on it. I made a comment about that, his reply to me was " Dont tell me **** boy, Ive been workin on cars for 20 years you dont know ****", I was like (in my head) **** you *******, and I replied to him "You mighta been doin it for 20 years, doesnt mean you were doin it right" That shut him right the *** up.
-P.