Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

4.6 DOHC in a 65

Old 08-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: 4.6 DOHC in a 65

ORIGINAL: Colorado_Mustang

I'd take you up on that as well....

ORIGINAL: Soaring

ORIGINAL: 65mojoe

well when flatblack65 rolls up in his DOHC swapped '65 and gives your '03 Mach a run for its money we will see who's calling who a bastard
hahaha, just pullin your chain Soaring.
Bring it on. On the track, I would love to run it against an old vintage body and suspension.
OH BOY! We have a race. Anybody else wanna join in? How about you Slickman? Wanna run that 400 HP 289? We could meet in Kansas or some central place. Loser buys the beer.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:38 PM
paddy187
4th Gear Member

Sorry one word for that SN65 and it is bastard, plus i don't know what you think but i bet u would be in big problems with a front end crash which if you would end up like douglas bader. Remember just because you can don't mean you should
Old 08-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: paddy187

Sorry one word for that SN65 and it is bastard, plus i don't know what you think but i bet u would be in big problems with a front end crash which if you would end up like douglas bader. Remember just because you can don't mean you should
Well, you wouldn't be in any more trouble with a front end crash than in our classics with spears for steering columns/wheels.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:09 PM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

I think you meant two words paddy: "Lucky Bastard"....as in "I envy the lucky bastard who gets to drive this thing"
So all you guys are tellin me if you had the $$$ and a 03 s/c cobra powerplant sittin in your garage you wouldn't even be tempted to try this monster swap!?
Old 08-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

I think you meant two words paddy: "Lucky Bastard"....as in "I envy the lucky bastard who gets to drive this thing"
So all you guys are tellin me if you had the $$$ and a 03 s/c cobra powerplant sittin in your garage you wouldn't even be tempted to try this monster swap!?
You mean a Cobra SVT 4.5, don't you. Nah, I guess that monster wouldn't fit if you put extension wings on the front of that 65. Know what though? Even that sucker is only rated at 12.9 in the quarter, whereas my little ole 4.6 is rated at 13.2 in the quarter. That't stock mind you. Mine ain't stock.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:32 PM
19stang66
4th Gear Member

If you had known how much time and work they devoted to that car, you wouldnt be calling it a bastard. Take the time to visit the site, then you'll really appreciate what kind of car they built. How would you be in big trouble in a front end crash? The whole interior is from the 03 cobra also. It even has working airbags!
Old 08-29-2006, 12:44 PM
flatblack65

the interior wasnt a hard thing to do all they did was cut the body off of a 65 and put it on an 03

ORIGINAL: 19stang66

If you had known how much time and work they devoted to that car, you wouldnt be calling it a bastard. Take the time to visit the site, then you'll really appreciate what kind of car they built. How would you be in big trouble in a front end crash? The whole interior is from the 03 cobra also. It even has working airbags!
Old 08-29-2006, 01:19 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Colorado_Mustang

I'd take you up on that as well....

well when flatblack65 rolls up in his DOHC swapped '65 and gives your '03 Mach a run for its money we will see who's calling who a bastard
hahaha, just pullin your chain Soaring.
Bring it on. On the track, I would love to run it against an old vintage body and suspension.
OH BOY! We have a race. Anybody else wanna join in? How about you Slickman? Wanna run that 400 HP 289? We could meet in Kansas or some central place. Loser buys the beer.
gimme a month or so and im in!
Old 08-29-2006, 01:46 PM
19stang66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flatblack65

the interior wasnt a hard thing to do all they did was cut the body off of a 65 and put it on an 03

ORIGINAL: 19stang66

haha lets see you try and do that. I guarantee you that the body of the 65 did not line up exactly with 03. Did you even visit the site? Maybe if you looked a little more in depth of what all went into the making of that car you would appreciate it.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:52 PM
paddy187
4th Gear Member

I still say just because you can don't mean you should, I know these guys spent time money and are much more talented than me at this stuff, but with the amount of cash and man hours involved i would keep my stang and have a boxer to play with as well!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4.6 DOHC in a 65