Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.
View Poll Results: A poll
I like it
70.00%
I don't like it
30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Tinted windows on a classic stang?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 07:09 AM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

Default Tinted windows on a classic stang?

I'm thinking about perhaps having mine done on my 66 gt
Old 06-19-2004, 05:40 PM
MustangCavron66

Default RE: Tinted windows on a classic stang?

HEEEEEEEEEELLLL NO!!!!!!!.........that would kill the car!!! That car was meant to show off who drivin it!!! if u wanna tint somethin get a denali or a cadillac or something!
Old 06-19-2004, 08:30 PM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

Hmmmmm......I thought cars were meant to show off themeselves, not the person who is driving them.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:37 AM
Sprint 200

Its all about what you want, its your car, its not your dad's and if you do it he's going to beat you like a red headed step child. And SCRATCH your right, it is all about the car, and not the person in it. -Unless you thought it looked like a hott chick and it was really a guy with long hair, and so you got the ticket for nothing. Just a little advice from the peanut gallery.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:49 AM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

I appriciate your words Sprint. well anyways, I looked up the state laws for this in CA, and they say you have to have two mirrors, which I don't of course, and b/c my car came like that I'd have to mod it to put another mirror on, and also the law says you can't tint your driver or passenger side windows here in CA, so when you really think about it I could only get my back window tinted, if I got another mirror, and the little triangle windows towards the rear, which is pretty gay.....
Old 06-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Sprint 200

Well I got one suggestion if you have your heart set on tinted windows. Simply move out of Califorina. Just a thought - unless you have physical or mental attachments there. But those can be forgotten after a few drinks, and a few thousand miles of driving - just a thought.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:21 AM
rwcstang
2nd Gear Member

well i have tints in my 69 i just have the back and the side windows tinted i mean it all depends if it looks good in your car i mean there are sum that look tight with out tints but i also live in cali and i mean im not complaining, it keeps the sun out from decoloring or deforming my speaker covers of my 6x9's lol and also my interior is black so it makes my passenger and driver side windows look like they are tinted also it makes the car look mysterious it makes the gurls go hmmmm who is in there it looks tight i wanna get up close and talk to him hehehehhe just a thought lol but i mean i dont have any problems so i mean it all depends how its gonna look and turn heads...mine does lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/6730/Us524941999.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6730/Sn397212684.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-21-2004, 03:18 AM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

Well, I would like to do it, but I dunno, how would I attach another mirror to the passengers side? so it would be legal for me to do a tint.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:16 AM
rwcstang
2nd Gear Member

well is your car a fastback or coupe? i mean if its coupe then there no problem tinting the side lil windows limo tint thats what i did and if ur stang is a fastback i would tint the back window with limo tint and lightly tint the passenger and driver side windows. all that matters to the cop are if they can u see through ur driver side and passenger side then there should be no problem. its hella funny too that i herd in reno or las vages it not illegal to tint ur passenger and driver side windows (i guess cuz its hot and the sun shine every where lol) but thats what i herd.. i mean if u really want to do it then do it! i mean when i thought of tiniting my windows i though it was going to look gay as well but it turned out to look tight but i have hook ups so i basically get the player price heheheh but if i where u just tint them windows!!!!!
Old 06-22-2004, 08:03 AM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

Mine is the coupe, I have decided not do it though.

Quick Reply: Tinted windows on a classic stang?