Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Mustang Art!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Dan66
3rd Gear Member

Default Mustang Art!

Just thought I'd post that my new automotive art web site is up and running! Some of you may have visited it in years past when it was all graphic design; but I've had a change of professions, kind of... I traded in my briefcase for a paint brush. I've been making these pieces of automotive art for years now for my own amusement, but was recently convinced by a few folks to offer them for sale. They're all based on the "cars in barns" or "gonna restore her myself" theme. So I ditched all the graphics stuff on my site and redesigned it.

If you have a few minutes, check out the site and let me know what you think. It'll be growing all the time with more and more paintings - of all car makes. If anyone has any suggestions for paintings in a similar line of thought, don't hesitate to answer this post of email me. Or - as I mention on the site - if you have any old family photos you'd like to submit, have at it! They just may wind up in one of the compositions.

www.articulate-design.com

Thanks everyone...
Old 08-20-2006, 04:26 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Art!

awesome, i love them all
Old 08-20-2006, 04:30 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Coolness...
Old 08-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Scott H.
5th Gear Member

Glad you posted this thread. If you hadn't I was going to.
I'll be contacting you in a couple of weeks for one of your prints. Just have to get back home and make up my mind.

Are you soliciting ideas for futue projects? if so, I think I've got one.

Really great work!
Old 08-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Just so there is no confusion about the legality of Danny's post above, he had my permission to post the thread before he did. Really some very good works of art.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Dan66
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Sure - I'll do custom pieces. Just email me...

As for buying prints - I say on my "Order" page that it will take a few weeks, and it will. Y'see - if I intend to get the price (from the printer) that I want, then I have to wait and accumulate a few orders. If I do just one at a time, it would be way too expensive (for me and you). In other words, printing numerous copies is less expensive. So I may take orders for 2 or 3 weeks, then send then off to be printed. I'm sure that after I've generated enough money to do so, I'll keep prints on-hand and mail them out right away. But in this starting phase, I'll have to ask for your patience.

And again - please do send any suggestions you may have. And tell all your rich friends to visit my site!
Old 08-20-2006, 05:47 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Why not make, say, 1000 copies of each, number em, and ya... no mas???? Then when you die they will be worth more...
Old 08-20-2006, 05:59 PM
Dan66
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: randy78045

Why not make, say, 1000 copies of each, number em...
Thought about it, and decided against it. First of all, the initial investment (on my part) would be quite large. Especially if I wanted to offer all six paintings at once. The process I've chosen is "giclee" (pronounced jee-clay), and is just about as close to an original piece as you can get. Plus, they're guaranteed to not fade for something like 150 years - if then. They can print one at a time for me or 20 or 100 or whatever. All depends on what I need.

The idea is that I can produce something that doesn't break the bank for me, and isn't out of reach for most car enthusiasts. It's kinda the best of both worlds. They're not numbered because they're not a limited run, but I do inspect each one and sign them. As long as there's interest, I'll print 'em!
Old 08-20-2006, 06:05 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan66

ORIGINAL: randy78045

Why not make, say, 1000 copies of each, number em...
Thought about it, and decided against it. First of all, the initial investment (on my part) would be quite large. Especially if I wanted to offer all six paintings at once. The process I've chosen is "giclee" (pronounced jee-clay), and is just about as close to an original piece as you can get. Plus, they're guaranteed to not fade for something like 150 years - if then. They can print one at a time for me or 20 or 100 or whatever. All depends on what I need.

The idea is that I can produce something that doesn't break the bank for me, and isn't out of reach for most car enthusiasts. It's kinda the best of both worlds. They're not numbered because they're not a limited run, but I do inspect each one and sign them. As long as there's interest, I'll print 'em!
I looked into giclee an wide carriage printing... one time thinkin of a business.... are your prints coming out on canvas or paper?
Old 08-20-2006, 06:13 PM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

Awesome Dan. With all the exposure you could get from here and on the internet, ever think about setting up an online payment system?

Quick Reply: Mustang Art!