Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

My bodyshop quote?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 03:40 PM
badazz68stang
2nd Gear Member

Default My bodyshop quote?

My car is in its 4th week of restoroation down at my body shop right now and i just wanted to share with you guys what all they're doing to it and see what ya think the work should run.

Take the car down to bare metal, weld all new patches in, new quarter panel, patch up the floors, take all the glass out, paint the frame, fenderwhells, and all underneath, paint the entire car: trunk, doorjams, and hood as well. Install new front and rear weatherstripping for the windshields, put all new window fuzzies in, do the interior, carpet, dash, everything but the headliner and seat covers. And finally reaasemble the entire car, interior, bumpers, lights, and all that. THey're doing a frame-on restoration. We're painting the car in the Hot Hues paint series for a nice finish. I already have the quote, just wondering how much you guys think this would be worth, and i know it all depends on the quality of the work, i just saw a 66 coupe and a JAvelin that they finished and it was prestine work. Let me know your thoughts.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: My bodyshop quote?

Just a wild guess, but with all that work, I would think it would be between 7K and 9K.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:47 PM
badazz68stang
2nd Gear Member

ok, how much ya think i could get the headliner installed and the seat covers put on for? cuz i want to put the headliner on while the windshields are out and the interior is still stripped out of the paint booth.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:52 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

100$ for the headliner
Old 08-26-2006, 08:52 PM
chillininnh
2nd Gear Member

Thats quite a job, to have it done right I would guess 10k+.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: badazz68stang

ok, how much ya think i could get the headliner installed and the seat covers put on for? cuz i want to put the headliner on while the windshields are out and the interior is still stripped out of the paint booth.
Yeah, it generally costs about 100 bucks to put the headliner in if the glass has already been removed. The seat covers should cost you another 2 hundred for labor.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:06 AM
badazz68stang
2nd Gear Member

well, i stopped in and checked on her this weekend and shes down to a bare shell and bare metal, things are really comin along good. This may come as a shocker, but im getting all the stuff listed above done for 3200. i gave him 500 down the other day and got a receipt, but everything is coming along smoothly and when it gets done, prolly round the end of sept. i'll have pics up before and after.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:01 AM
Guitylerham
2nd Gear Member

I'm speechless at that price that you're getting! Wow. If they do a a good job...I'd still be speechless...
Old 08-28-2006, 04:31 AM
tylerhasa65

i did mine myself and did everything u are talking about except the headliner and seats and for all the bumpers and emblems and all that and paint, primer, sand paper it cost me about 3000. my uncle said that if he would have done all that that it would be about five or six thousand. so i would say you are gettin a heck of a deal. good luck!
Old 08-28-2006, 01:59 PM
highhilleer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: badazz68stang

but im getting all the stuff listed above done for 3200. i gave him 500 down the other day and got a receipt, but everything is coming along smoothly and when it gets done, prolly round the end of sept. i'll have pics up before and after.
That sounds way too cheap. Watch their work carefully!!!
Good luck.

Quick Reply: My bodyshop quote?