Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

what are these?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 04:26 AM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Default RE: what are these?

remember back 20 years ago and before these were used cars, and also there wasnt a huge aftermarket making pars for them. Often you couldnt get a new fender and even a good or decent one in a junkyard was expensive or simply not there.

We enjoy the benefits of people wanting to have these old cars. If nobody wanted them back in the late 80s, we wouldnt have so many choices in replacement parts. We would all be driving to Arizona to find rust free cars without dents, or with dents and repairing them. Thats how it was back in the 80s when I started workin on the old stuff.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:10 PM
blue83ranger

i know next to nothing about body repair. but could those holes be there so the bondo would squeeze through to have more bite and hold an enormous amount of bondo to the rocker? just a thought.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:34 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blue83ranger

i know next to nothing about body repair. but could those holes be there so the bondo would squeeze through to have more bite and hold an enormous amount of bondo to the rocker? just a thought.
i sure hope not, i really REALY dont want to cut it open and replace the rocker.