Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

my next steps....

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:59 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

Default my next steps....

ok, its still gunna take 2 or 3 weeks to finish all the body work, 2 if i skip a few days of school and work. but ok, since i have limited funds, im going to buy the lunati flat tappet cam, with intake and maybe headers, and i am going to get a suspension and steering rebuild, since rack and pinion is a grand and the grab a trak is $500 and rebuild my engine, steering and suspension all at once, since the engines out itll be easier then if it were in. any money i have left is for 6months insurance, gas, and towards a paint job and any misc parts needed, like maybe a master interior and exterior fastenor kit.

anyone have any comments? ideas? feedback on my plan?

i know some of you got some.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:20 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: my next steps....

Yeah. Since you are a college student, you need to focus your attention on your studies. WTF are you doing on here talking about building a Mustang? Get your *** off here and hit the books knothead.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:22 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

Yeah. Since you are a college student, you need to focus your attention on your studies. WTF are you doing on here talking about building a Mustang? Get your *** off here and hit the books knothead.
somehow i knew you would be one of the first to answer

i got 4 classes, 2 a day, both after noon, no homework ever

and i was kidding about skipping classes[&:]

Old 09-20-2006, 03:44 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

are you planning on graduating in like 2021?
Old 09-20-2006, 03:51 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shifty101Easy

are you planning on graduating in like 2021?
[8D] no, i just realized i went to edit my post but didnt edit the part i was going to, i have 4 classes this semester, 2 each day, both at or after noon. then work normally from 5 -10:30

Old 09-20-2006, 04:05 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Id do a suspension/steering rebuild next Matt. My steering just got replaced and Im working on the suspension now and finishing up the light bodywork. I know laurelmountainmustang.com has some super suspension kits that include everything you need for a complete suspension and steering rebuild and its only about 750-800 if I remember correctly. Check it out on ebay...
Old 09-20-2006, 04:14 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: baddog671

Id do a suspension/steering rebuild next Matt. My steering just got replaced and Im working on the suspension now and finishing up the light bodywork. I know laurelmountainmustang.com has some super suspension kits that include everything you need for a complete suspension and steering rebuild and its only about 750-800 if I remember correctly. Check it out on ebay...

thanks, i will, i think me and my dad are going half and half on renting a engine hoist, so i can take my 351 out and so he can take his 302 from his 71 out. i can rebuild the suspension and steering since the engines out, and since its out, i might as well do a rebuild on that too, and maybe do a few mods since it would be easier when its out anyway.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:24 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Good! Having the engine out is gonna give u alot more room to move and fiddle around.

Heres a link to the complete kit. It has pretty much everything your gonna need except for the rear shock plates(that plate that u bolts to your axle), but you can just use the ones u have now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/68-69...QQcmdZViewItem

I dont have the money for all at once, and I dont need the steering, so Im starting off with just the rear suspension. Check it out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Not a bad price at all on either of them
Old 09-20-2006, 04:32 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

thanks baddog, i like the ebay one, but m not going to order anything untill monday, im gunna save that link and look again in a few days. my suspension right now isnt that bad. The PO bought new front springs which, retardedly, raised the car. my steering, on the other hand, is still the same as it came from the factory, 40 years ago. its kinda sloppy, but my steering wheel is ofuly loose too. either way, im still more worried about the steering rather then suspension. i also forgot i had money set away for front discs, so im gunna be ordering those soon, i can put those on with the suspension and steering and such. my dad said i cant drive the car unless it has front discs
Old 09-20-2006, 08:18 AM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

He's on the 10yr Plan LMAO na i do it i am taking 19 credit hours and i work 35+ hrs a week and homework and a girlfriend and my car and i manage to get most of everthing done and i will be done in bout 2 yrs but i changed my major and alot of credits did count so i got screwed