Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

My Hood scoop is on!

Old 09-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Sean W.
4th Gear Member

Default RE: My Hood scoop is on!

if you are going to spend the time to put a scoop on, i dont understand why you wouldent go the extra mile to make the scoop you put on functionable.its like buying a apple then when you get home through the apple away. i sincerly hope you make it operational.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:56 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

I like the way a scoop looks but, I agree with Mojoe. The amount of extra HP you get is not all that noticeable.. Plus, I'm not looking to get ever bit og HP out of her. Not into that.

ORIGINAL: Sean W.

if you are going to spend the time to put a scoop on, i dont understand why you wouldent go the extra mile to make the scoop you put on functionable.its like buying a apple then when you get home through the apple away. i sincerly hope you make it operational.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:13 PM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: slickman

I like the way a scoop looks but, I agree with Mojoe. The amount of extra HP you get is not all that noticeable.. Plus, I'm not looking to get ever bit og HP out of her. Not into that.

True, but cooling wise, you will notice temp drops if you've got a spot for hot air to escape. Even with my little gt350 scoop opening, it still allows a lot of hot air to get out. So if you ever find that you get overheating issues, making that bad boy functional might not be a bad idea.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:18 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

Do you have some type of deflector so water does not get in?

ORIGINAL: 65mojoe

ORIGINAL: slickman

True, but cooling wise, you will notice temp drops if you've got a spot for hot air to escape. Even with my little gt350 scoop opening, it still allows a lot of hot air to get out. So if you ever find that you get overheating issues, making that bad boy functional might not be a bad idea.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Scott H.
5th Gear Member

Scoop looks great. Will look really excellent when the car is painted. IMO, it's the right height for the car, and only car people (who appreciate the little tweaks) will catch your change up.
Hard to cut up a good original hood. I'm with you, leave it non-fucntional. That way someone could easily put it back to original.
Exceptional job on mounting it!

I am seriously considering the same FG hood as you. I like the '67 scoop, not many out there so it is kind of unique.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:40 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

I like it but papa won't.

papa=soaring
Old 09-23-2006, 09:43 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

I just finished painting the scoop.. I'll mount it up tomorrow.... The pic is not that good, took it with my cell phone.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26659/1A56197FF35545C8AEAB16EBDE48C4EC.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-23-2006, 09:45 PM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

does it have a deflector in it...
The GT350 hoods have a small bump in them from the inner glass lining, but I dont know if it actually deflects anything. I've never had a problem sucking in something that doesn't belong in there....but then again, I don't drive it in the rain either, so I'm not sure if it would have problems with water.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Sean W.
4th Gear Member

you may have seen the hood that i want to put on my 68' it has a scoop and fins. the scoop gives air right to the air filter and the fins let the hot air out. i am going to get a curtian for the front and a front spoiler ( air dam ) also. my engine is going to have so much air flow, its going to be rediulous i still hope you make it operational. im sure you could make a plug out of wood and put a weather strip around it to make it weather tight for when it rains.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Looks like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Hood scoop is on!