Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

I want your opinions on what tires/wheels should I get!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 02:49 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I want your opinions on what tires/wheels should I get!!!

Copy that, Soaring.

Old 10-11-2006, 02:49 AM
badazz68stang
2nd Gear Member

haha. get em. Galactusz, ya better not spend too much time on here cuz you got work to do! good luck with your project and welcome to the forum man.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:50 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Yes sir!!!

Old 10-11-2006, 02:56 AM
badazz68stang
2nd Gear Member

oh and galactuz, depending on the shape of your stang, you might want to think about starting somewhere else other than wheels/tires. But if its in good structural shape and safe for the road, then put whatever ya want on there.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:07 AM
1965coupe

don't worry about it Galactusz. They did the exact samething on my first post....is the reason I don't post any of my questions here. I read the posts give input if I have any, but use any other forum or spend hours hitting websites.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:12 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Galactusz

Holy smokes, you were kinda harsh Mr Soaring, I'm just a newbie, I need time to get used to this forum, please do cut me some slack, my intention was in no way to disrespect you or any other members here, also, instead of a public scolding, a private message would've been better.

Perhaps my place is to go and post somewhere else then.

Yeah, I tend to get harsh. Sorry about that bro. If you want a washed over and not an informational answer, then I guess you are in the wrong place. I tend to call it like it is, and other members correct me. Keep up, and enjoy the show.

Er
Old 10-11-2006, 03:17 AM
19stang66
4th Gear Member

Sorry to have jumpd the gun you guys, I repect and admire all of you because we all have the same love for these cars, old school Stangs are the greatest cars in the world, bar none, nothing comes close.

I'm sorry about the trigger happy method of mine, the reason I was quoting each one of your posts, was a sign of acknowledgement on my part, but since I know those rules now, I'll stop.

Yo 19stang66, no hard feelings, I saw your picture with your BEAUTIFUL blue Stang, your car is AWESOME man, AWESOME. Hey, I just posted my own picture with my clunker, I hope mine looks like yours in the near future.

This place rocks, you are gonna have to drag my carcass outta here.

Thanks. Mine isn't even close to as awesome as some of the other cars here. Just keeping looking around (for wheels) and you'll find what YOU like the most. Don't jump the gun on buying wheels right away either, make sure you find the perfect ones.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:18 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Thanks 65coupe, I'll keep that in mind.

Badazz, my car has been added a ton of goodies already, new everything, transmission, carburatator, disc power brakes, three-point seat belts, suspension, monte carlo bar, electrical, I mean just about everything, the interior has been totally restored as well, now what I need is mostly cosmetic stuff like wheels/tires, dual exhaust mufflers, and of course a paint job, oh, and its totally rust free, and great working engine as well.

I've been at it for an entire year already, and boy, restoring the car sure has been $$$!!!

Thanks guys.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:23 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

Holy smokes, you were kinda harsh Mr Soaring, I'm just a newbie, I need time to get used to this forum, please do cut me some slack, my intention was in no way to disrespect you or any other members here, also, instead of a public scolding, a private message would've been better.

Perhaps my place is to go and post somewhere else then.

Yeah, I tend to get harsh. Sorry about that bro. If you want a washed over and not an informational answer, then I guess you are in the wrong place. I tend to call it like it is, and other members correct me. Keep up, and enjoy the show.

Er
Don't sweat it chief, I now know where you are coming from, this place is not for feelings, this is to find out how to restore our cars, you are right my friend.

I'll be good.

Yo 19stang66, thanks for the advice, I'll be patient.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:27 AM
badazz68stang
2nd Gear Member

wow man, sounds like you got a nice ride on your hands then. what motor does it have? As far as the wheels, if you keep the body appearance stock (retaining emblems and all that jazz,) then styled steel wheels look good. If you wanna mod it up and clean it out a lil bit, then throw some 16's or 17's on there. Whatever you chose, make sure it matches with what else you got going on. im slappin on 17X8 TT2's on my 68 coupe.

Quick Reply: I want your opinions on what tires/wheels should I get!!!