Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

67 Factory Air: vents not blowing

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 05:46 PM
booth

Default 67 Factory Air: vents not blowing

My '67 coupe with factory air is not blowing air from any of the "A/C" vents: two center vents above the radio and each of the round vents on either side of the lower dash. It's a trickle of air...but nothing measurable. Air mainly comes out below the dash vent, firewall area. The compressor engages fine (although needs to be charged). My belief is the prob. is with the switch/valve for the upper vents...any suggestions?

thanks...it's HOT in Texas!
Old 08-18-2004, 07:15 AM
rangerfredbob
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 67 Factory Air: vents not blowing

yeah, my guess would be with the vacuum system connected with the vents, maybe some of the solenoids up above the passengers feet or somewhere close, I'm sure I'll find out eventually since our mustang's vent system is completely screwed up, most of the vacuum lines are broken
Old 08-19-2004, 06:13 AM
68GEETEE
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 67 Factory Air: vents not blowing

ORIGINAL: booth

My '67 coupe with factory air is not blowing air from any of the "A/C" vents: two center vents above the radio and each of the round vents on either side of the lower dash. It's a trickle of air...but nothing measurable. Air mainly comes out below the dash vent, firewall area. The compressor engages fine (although needs to be charged). My belief is the prob. is with the switch/valve for the upper vents...any suggestions?

thanks...it's HOT in Texas!
It could be the vacuum valves underneath the dash, I think there are 2 of them.

But it could also be the vent hoses to the air ducts has fallen off , or may have a hole due to age. My left vent doesnt work and I found that the hose had broken apart from age, so the air was just blowing behind the dash area, but not thru the vents as needed.