Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Ok fellow NON-speedster types...

Old 10-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Ok fellow NON-speedster types...

ORIGINAL: Soaring

ORIGINAL: Riven02

Same here 65 is the cruising car 06 is the performance car.

However the old girl has been getting neglected latley, because modding the new one has taken over the money for a little while.
What are you adding to the 06?
Right now I added a Shaker Hood, C&L Cold Air Intake, 93 Oct. Tune, K-Member Brace with Torque Limiters, Saleen Short Throw Shifter, Steeda Shift Bushings, and FRPP Axel Backs.

In the comming weeks I will be adding Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks X pipe with high flow Cats, CMCV Delete Plates. and Under Drive Pulleys. That should put me well into the 12s in the 1/4. That is my goal by Jan.1. Right now I am 13.2-13.4.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Rorin67
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Volcom66
...speeding proves nothing. 1/4 mile time says something!
+1 I don't really like to go over 80 with the 67 on the freeway, but then again, it's not very often that I get that chance on these congested Southern California freeways. I prefer to cruise the streets strips and take a leisurely drive along the ocean. I leave the speeding for the fiancee in her BMW.

Now, with that said, I'd still like to test out the 67 on the 1/4 mile. Gonna be a while before she gets there though...
Old 10-24-2006, 01:05 AM
DWIGHTS71MACH1

i partly agree there isnt anything much better than takig your classic out on an evening cruise after you spent all day waxing and polishing her up . but after im done strolling around letting everyone get a good look at my mach i had a pretty safe spot that i would take her to and really open her up .nothing wrong with crusin but you have a classic muscle car and it should not be frowned upon if every once in a while you drop the clutch , hammer the gas and try and keep it pointed straight as the roar of the motor lets you now you need to shift, catching that second gear chirp always brings a smile to my face for some reason. then you ease her into third and then fourth and cuise again>
Old 10-24-2006, 05:19 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

I'm not sure if I like to go fast or not, because when I drove my car, it had a cracked head!!!!! Now the engine is fresh and rebuilt, slightly modified, so I might be going a tad fast once we get her running in a week or so.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:54 AM
72rustang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: THUMPIN455
Ah but Glen, that is the beauty of "looking" stock, it doesnt have to be stock. imagine if you will, a full frame vehicle with fiberglass doors, front end, and bumpers, set up so it will yank the front end off the ground on a gravel road. completely scienced out suspension with ballast in the right places. But with the fiberglass made to look like stock steel. Yes.. the devious mind of the Thumper has been hard at work... Actually have been planning it for some time now, the engine is in the shop and will displace around 470ci and run on pump gas.
So are you hiring, or what? If I lived up there I would help for free to learn what all you are doing...
Old 10-24-2006, 06:08 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 72rustang

ORIGINAL: THUMPIN455
Ah but Glen, that is the beauty of "looking" stock, it doesnt have to be stock. imagine if you will, a full frame vehicle with fiberglass doors, front end, and bumpers, set up so it will yank the front end off the ground on a gravel road. completely scienced out suspension with ballast in the right places. But with the fiberglass made to look like stock steel. Yes.. the devious mind of the Thumper has been hard at work... Actually have been planning it for some time now, the engine is in the shop and will displace around 470ci and run on pump gas.
So are you hiring, or what? If I lived up there I would help for free to learn what all you are doing...
well considering that is my shop where I rebuild my stuff, and that I rarely do work for anyone else. I only have enough money to build my cars, keep the house warm and eat food. If you lived up here, I would gladly teach you anything you wanted to know in exchange for help with everything I do. So far its a one man show, and I dont move very fast.. So the going is slow but I will get them done with enough pain meds.. lol.

Not all of mine are for racing, one of my hotrods, a 98 LS1 powered Formula hasnt been over 85mph with me driving it. it has headers, y pipe, and catback from hooker, and a lid so it breathes real well and get up to 60 in ahurry. it also gets 28-31mpg now, bit picked up about 2mpg from the mods. I needed a new Y pipe and cat back since it was rusted pretty bad, so i put everything on it instead. its not a race car and it wont be. The rest of them will get raced occasionaly or often, depending on what the intended use is.. once they are painted and all nice, things change..lol...