Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

what color should i paint my car? oppinion please

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Decurion
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: what color should i paint my car? oppinion please

Old 10-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Lumbergh
2nd Gear Member

I agree that you should paint it whatever color you like. I also would add that ghost flames on a classic look best if done like Mojo's, nothing too bright. I saw a similair paint job at a local car show and it looked fabulous. They also had racing stripes down the middle of the car but they were a ghost stripe as well (same color scheme as their flames, which were the same as Mojo's). I also agree that racing stripes and flames do not go together. Even in the case of the car I was just talking about, which looked nice, it would have looked better with just one or the other. I'd consider the original color of the car as someone else already mentioned. It could help some with eventual resale value as long as it wasn't some outrageous color (lime green[:@]). The 68 I'm working on was originally yellow, and I nearly have my wife convinced that we should paint it yellow again (she nixed my desire for red, and was obviously not going to budge on that).
Old 10-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Rorin67
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bradleyb
forget the bright orange, it's all about the burnt orange with black shelby stripes
Huh....! Is someone calling my name?!?!?!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:35 PM
paddy187
4th Gear Member

How about polished metal then clear coat like a deloren or some audi's you need a really straight body for this but would look awesome
Old 10-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Rorin67
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmodel65
burnt orange os over done right now it needs a rest so many people are using it[:@] its a cool color though
Funny, as I haven't seen anyone else using my color scheme, and I just came from California's largest all-Mustang car show and got compliments all over the place about how unique the color is.... [&:][&:][&:]

Anyway, it's all good, and I'll agree that coupes look best one solid color without the stripes. When I see a stang from the front with stripes, I'll admit that I get disappointed when I realize it's a coupe. Stripes belong on FBs. Mojo's ghost flames are kickin' though, so I'd recommend any solid color you like (no matter how "overdone" it may be) and add a touch of personality to it (i.e. ghost flames or metallic, etc.).

Good luck with the decision!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

i think that black is the best color....or a smoke grey...they both scream "badass" without screaming it if you know what i mean....do you ever seen clint eastwood or batman wearing bright RED or ORANGE or YELLOW or PURPLE? the coolest people are the ones who arent outspoken and flamboyant...same with colors....

http://1969boss429.com/theBossisBack...C_0085_jpg.jpg

i like chillininnh's blue color also....its not plain boring a dull.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:13 PM
1965coupe

i like candy red with white lemans stripe, black with gold stripe, or even fire engine red and white stripe
Old 10-26-2006, 12:48 AM
noroof66
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rorin67

ORIGINAL: rmodel65
burnt orange os over done right now it needs a rest so many people are using it[:@] its a cool color though
Funny, as I haven't seen anyone else using my color scheme, and I just came from California's largest all-Mustang car show and got compliments all over the place about how unique the color is.... [&:][&:][&:]

Anyway, it's all good, and I'll agree that coupes look best one solid color without the stripes. When I see a stang from the front with stripes, I'll admit that I get disappointed when I realize it's a coupe. Stripes belong on FBs. Mojo's ghost flames are kickin' though, so I'd recommend any solid color you like (no matter how "overdone" it may be) and add a touch of personality to it (i.e. ghost flames or metallic, etc.).

Good luck with the decision!
Your car looks awesome, but it takes guts to try a scheme like that if you have not seen it before. I can see going a shade wrong on the orange and the car looking like crap. You obviously have a great paint guy. By the way, conv look great with stripes also.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:07 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sean W.

well..... i think i might just go with one solid color.... Fire engine Red. what do ya think?

i think you should wait untill your to that part of your restoration. you dont even have enough money to get your blocked cleaned. how do you expect to pay for a paintjob? smiles and hugs?
Old 10-26-2006, 01:33 AM
ford65stang
2nd Gear Member

my buddy has a 66 coupe black w/ stripes....we took it to a show.....it was really hard to keep the black clean.....It is your car....just dont go black