Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 07:34 PM
n8rfastback
1st Gear Member

Default RE: new member

hey thanks man i did everything but the paint job with my dad. lots of hours in it. also its not done i still have underbody and trunk work to do
Old 10-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Looks like you are a recent graduate from High School with the tassle hanging from your rear view. Welcome to our classic Mustang world. You have a really clean car.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 65mojoe

you have to change the tags from [IMG][/IMG] to [IMG][/IMG]

for some reason this forum doesn't read the IMG tagging...it requires you to spell out the full word "image". that should fix your photobucket links.
Not so. I only use the Img for mine on this site. Every pooter is different I guess, but I only have to use the Img.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:46 PM
n8rfastback
1st Gear Member

i also plan on putting some bigger wheels and tires on the back i cant stand those 14's
Old 10-27-2006, 07:48 PM
n8rfastback
1st Gear Member

i graduated class of 04 i just like the way it looks. i joined the AF in 04 and it hasent been touched much since then. just trying to keep her lookin good
Old 10-27-2006, 07:48 PM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

Nice clean fastback there n8r.....not crazy about the painted blue qtr. wing vents, but other than that you have a nice ride! welcome to the forums.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: n8rfastback

i also plan on putting some bigger wheels and tires on the back i cant stand those 14's
And why is that? She came with 14's. Unless you have a power reason for putting on fatter and taller tires, those 14's will get you down the road just as well as any. There is a reason why the Ford engineers decided on 14's. Are you smarter than they were?
Old 10-27-2006, 07:54 PM
n8rfastback
1st Gear Member

those vents were a big decision for me. i really wanted to do something different to make it stand out. plus i think it helps offset the white a little from the side views. i know this is no traditional fastback. it has had a lot of mods in its day. (was originally just a 200 i6) i wanted to make this pony my own so i restored it the way i like it, reguardless of what the judges will say.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:55 PM
n8rfastback
1st Gear Member

oh no, all do respect to the ford guys. i just like the way the stang would sit with a little bigger tires on back then on the front. i just think it would look better thats all, personal opinion
Old 10-27-2006, 07:56 PM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: n8rfastback

those vents were a big decision for me. i really wanted to do something different to make it stand out. plus i think it helps offset the white a little from the side views. i know this is no traditional fastback. it has had a lot of mods in its day. (was originally just a 200 i6) i wanted to make this pony my own so i restored it the way i like it, reguardless of what the judges will say.

I wasn't bashing you...its definitely unique, just not something that I would have done. The car overall is a clean *** ride and you and your pops did a nice job. That is one clean engine compartment too. Car should be a reflection of you own taste, thats what makes them unique (and thats also why some of us choose to put bigger rims on them than ford intended soaring)

Quick Reply: new member