Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

weiand stealth intake vs edelbrock performer - which would you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 11:31 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

Default RE: weiand stealth intake vs edelbrock performer - which would you recommend?

ORIGINAL: MC

Edelbrock-MADE IN USA

Holley-MADE IN MEXICO[:'(]

Weiland -dont know but i would ask!

USA is #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weiand, A Holley Performance Brand

o, and your wrong about the mexico thing BTW, unless you think Kentucky and mexico are 1 in 1.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:38 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Default RE: weiand stealth intake vs edelbrock performer - which would you recommend?

eyah i like to buy american so i buy new balance shoes they are made in american and my boots i alway buy redwings there made in america nad last for ever
Old 10-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Cannonball888
2nd Gear Member

Edelbrock-MADE IN USA

USA is #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doesn't prove jack. Ever hear of the superior Ford mexican engine block?
Old 10-30-2006, 11:48 AM
MC
2nd Gear Member

o hate getting in online arguments....but BTW your wrong

http://www.demandsolutions.com/articles/holley.html

Besides its Bowling Green, Kentucky home, the company maintains a factory in Mexico, two factories in Mississippi and one in Long Beach, California. Manufacturing for all locations is controlled by the BPCS manufacturing requirements plan (MRP) system. When Holley began acquiring other brands many of the manufacturers had to come under the BPCS umbrella.

ORIGINAL: atomsk680

Edelbrock-MADE IN USA

Weiand, A Holley Performance Brand

o, and your wrong about the mexico thing BTW, unless you think Kentucky and mexico are 1 in 1.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:53 AM
MC
2nd Gear Member

Look, im not saying Holley is a bad,terrible product, its proven great in it's class,,my personal opinion is i prefer MADE IN USA on all my equip. Tools, Parts, ect. That's my opinion and i think a lot of Americans would agree!

ORIGINAL: Cannonball888

Edelbrock-MADE IN USA

Doesn't prove jack. Ever hear of the superior Ford mexican engine block?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:02 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

i pay more for us made stuff that means someone else can make a living and eat and feed there family and then they can buy stuff from me and i can feed mine etc. take target for instance ive been told they are anti us? all money goes back to france if im not mistaken and nothing is invested here b4 for too long the govt is gonna have to have a monopoly trial concerning wally world and the like[:@] for every job wally world creates u lose three somewhere else in the community
Old 10-30-2006, 03:00 PM
paddy187
4th Gear Member

I buy quality if possible most things are made in china now and in 10 year it will be somewhere else, thats the market for you, in the uk we have no car industry, ok we do make lots of honda's etc and have a great racing tradition in f1 and ralleying, simple because the quality went low and people carried on buying them and then the quality got even worse and people wised up. Buy american for sure but make sure the quality is good otherwise the long term future of these american companies is extinction.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:06 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

I have had more good experiencces with Holley carbs than with Edelbrock carbs. The only thing I have found that runs well with the E carb is a 350 chevy. That is because they are calibrated to run on a chevy, pretty much anything else and you need to change things. if its a daily driver the FoMoCo carbs are tought o beat. If its a race car,a Holley will spank the E carb any day.

its to bad you guys dont run Qjets..
Old 10-30-2006, 03:07 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

I like Edelbrock manifolds though, and some of the heads. As far as choice of those two intakes, not much difference IMHO
Old 10-30-2006, 03:12 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Yeah, outsourcing is starting to take its' toll on the mom and pop parts dealers. The little no name parts place here in my little town is forced to sell the Made in China parts just to keep their heads above water. There is very little we consumers can do about it except try to find parts that are truly made in the USA. That is getting harder and harder to find. Check out your new Mustangs, and see what I mean.

Quick Reply: weiand stealth intake vs edelbrock performer - which would you recommend?