Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-30-2006, 05:54 PM   #21
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: weiand stealth intake vs edelbrock performer - which would you recommend?

i have heard rumors that mexican 302 blocks had 4 bolt mains and were a stout block that is great for build up is that true cause i live in az and i can go down to the border and get one its only 3 hrs away
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Brandontyler65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:21 AM   #22
65Vert
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: weiand stealth intake vs edelbrock performer - which would you recommend?

Hi which holley carbs would you recommend with a weiand stealth for a 289? any models come to mind? are there 500cfm versions? I see many in 600 cfm...any help you could provide would help...thanks

Quote:
ORIGINAL: THUMPIN455

I have had more good experiencces with Holley carbs than with Edelbrock carbs. The only thing I have found that runs well with the E carb is a 350 chevy. That is because they are calibrated to run on a chevy, pretty much anything else and you need to change things. if its a daily driver the FoMoCo carbs are tought o beat. If its a race car,a Holley will spank the E carb any day.

its to bad you guys dont run Qjets..
65Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:22 AM   #23
65Vert
2nd Gear Member

and for a 289 on a 65...non electric choke? no EGR i suppose...questions as i am new to this obviously and would like to reduce error. what i am looking to create is a sunday car with zip and one that can hold its own at the green light...once in a while

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 65Vert

Hi which holley carbs would you recommend with a weiand stealth for a 289? any models come to mind? are there 500cfm versions? I see many in 600 cfm...any help you could provide would help...thanks

Quote:
ORIGINAL: THUMPIN455

I have had more good experiencces with Holley carbs than with Edelbrock carbs. The only thing I have found that runs well with the E carb is a 350 chevy. That is because they are calibrated to run on a chevy, pretty much anything else and you need to change things. if its a daily driver the FoMoCo carbs are tought o beat. If its a race car,a Holley will spank the E carb any day.

its to bad you guys dont run Qjets..
Old 11-04-2006, 07:56 AM   #24
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

There is no EGR on these old dinosaurs. They have the simple PCV system. As far as a reliable daily driver carburetor, but yet still has zip you can't go wrong with a Motorcraft 4100 series carburetor on top of a Weiand dual plane Stealth intake manifold.
Soaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:45 AM   #25
Cannonball888
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Brandontyler65

i have heard rumors that mexican 302 blocks had 4 bolt mains and were a stout block that is great for build up is that true cause i live in az and i can go down to the border and get one its only 3 hrs away
You heard right.
|_|.......|_|

Loud pipes save lives
Cannonball888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:55 AM   #26
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

The major difference with the Mexican block, is that it has more nickel content in the block, making it a stronger block.
Soaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:49 AM   #27
65Vert
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Soaring

There is no EGR on these old dinosaurs. They have the simple PCV system. As far as a reliable daily driver carburetor, but yet still has zip you can't go wrong with a Motorcraft 4100 series carburetor on top of a Weiand dual plane Stealth intake manifold.
thanks
Old 11-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #28
Cannonball888
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Soaring

The major difference with the Mexican block, is that it has more nickel content in the block, making it a stronger block.
It's about 25% stronger and because of that you can bore it as much as 0.060 over. Viva El Fordo!
|_|.......|_|

Loud pipes save lives
Cannonball888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 03:31 PM   #29
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

not to be mean i am just going off of observation but i guess thats why thier engines still run after the way they are treated and crappily repaired
Brandontyler65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:07 PM   #30
101btp
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 4.0 s197
Bonezone55

lol see we went from intake manifolds to engine blocks but none the less thanks for posting on this subject, I got my 302 in my bronco II with a edelbrock rpm intake and have a stealth intake that ive spent a lot of the day cleaning so sounds like a swap I will have to do when I change the head gasket possibly heads and to Demon carb
101btp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:07 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
air, airgap, carb, dualplane, edelbrock, gap, intake, manifold, mustang, performer, rpm, stealth, versus, vs, weiand, weiland