Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

the noob

Old 10-31-2006, 01:31 AM
stanger66

Default the noob

Hi

My name is ross. I have had my mustang for about 2 3/4 yrs that my wife bought for my 30th birthday. It's a 66 coupe straight 6 200cid, c4 cruiseomatic,red w/black interior (for now) going to be painting it candy apple blue with light silver stripes when done with light grey cloth interior, 377 stroker w/sc w/2stage 300 shot nos,street/strip AOD, 4 wheel disc w/abs,independent rear suspension w/mustang II front suspension, all frame supports, full roll cage, roughly about $40k to $60k mods or restomod stang.

But I live in Laurel, Maryland as a Store Manager for Merchants Tire in Annapolis, md.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:35 AM
robthedolphin
1st Gear Member

Default RE: the noob

ORIGINAL: stanger66

Hi

My name is ross. I have had my mustang for about 2 3/4 yrs that my wife bought for my 30th birthday. It's a 66 coupe straight 6 200cid, c4 cruiseomatic,red w/black interior (for now) going to be painting it candy apple blue with light silver stripes when done with light grey cloth interior, 377 stroker w/sc w/2stage 300 shot nos,street/strip AOD, 4 wheel disc w/abs,independent rear suspension w/mustang II front suspension, all frame supports, full roll cage, roughly about $40k to $60k mods or restomod stang.

But I live in Laurel, Maryland as a Store Manager for Merchants Tire in Annapolis, md.
Wow. Well, welcome to the site. Looks like you've got a plan, which I applaud. Did you wife have any idea that the mustang she bought for (probably) under 10k would eventually cost her 50-70k?
Old 10-31-2006, 01:37 AM
70coupe
1st Gear Member

sounds sweet....post some pics if you get a chance
Old 10-31-2006, 01:38 AM
ideal_mustangs
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum
Old 10-31-2006, 01:44 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Welcome Ross! Glad to see another classic here in Maryland...
Old 10-31-2006, 11:02 AM
rigwelder
2nd Gear Member

welcome to the forum Ross
Old 11-01-2006, 01:56 AM
stanger66

ORIGINAL: robthedolphin

Hi

Wow. Well, welcome to the site. Looks like you've got a plan, which I applaud. Did you wife have any idea that the mustang she bought for (probably) under 10k would eventually cost her 50-70k?

Actually she bought the car for $750 from one of my friends, and all it needed was tune-up, distributor,carb, fuel filter, new tires and drain old fuel out to get it running. The car sat in a garage for about 10yrs and never was started. Its been garage kept 38 yrs. Im the second owner out of his family.

Now I have been trying to post pictures but for some reason it wont let me post pictures. It just makes and thud noise and screen blinks. I cant fiqure it out.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:02 AM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. That is one hell of a build you have planned[:-]. Hope you plan on buying a new pair of underpants with that progressive 300 shot of nitrous [sm=nxsmile.gif]
Old 11-01-2006, 05:07 AM
stanger66

ORIGINAL: 65mojoe

Welcome to the forums. That is one hell of a build you have planned[:-]. Hope you plan on buying a new pair of underpants with that progressive 300 shot of nitrous [sm=nxsmile.gif]
I am used to nos I built a 51 ford f1 p-up for 12 yrs when its was done it was a restomod. I put about $95k into it. It had 1286rwhp.
383 stroker w/blower 500 shot nos dual 1100 cfm carbs 1492 at flywheel, fully tubed w/drag radials street legal p-up. Truck consisted of:
1 Stainless steel body and floor boards w/frame incased(no rusting there),
2 cherry wood bed w/ 17 coats of laquer.
3 cherry wood interior (floor,center console,door panels, whole dash, overhead console, seat rises) all custom wood work
4 multi color paint job(10 different colors) w/ghost stripes, ghost flames coming off front and away from blower $32k
5 98 cobra mustang suspension w/4 wheel abs disc brakes
6 ford 9" with 5.72 gears w/detroit lockers
7 $6k stereo in truck
8 custom rims
9 700 4r trans street/strip (yes I know gm parts)The guy I bought this from hacked up the frame to put gm parts in it so I kept it and reinforced it.
10 Full roll cage w/major frame supports gallore
I at one time I did need the new underpants driving that thing, I went to budds creek/Md International raceway for test and tune and ran it 3 times first 2 runs went fine but the last run I kind of took out the front suspension and rear bumper and tailgate.
Basically I decided to see what would happen if I hit nos off the line for the first time in the truck. When I did this I went on the rear bumper and when the rear wheels hit the ground again I slammed on my brakes and brought the front end down so hard that I folded the front suspension into the frame and had to tow it home. The first 2 runs I ran my drag radials and the third run I ran my buddies slicks and I got too much traction and did a full wheel stand and I didnt think of putting wheelie bars on the truck or this wouldnt of happened. But always learn from your mistakes(a $4000 mistake) but it could have been worse. I always ran nos in mustangs but first time in a truck.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:21 AM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

I am used to nos I built a 51 ford f1 p-up for 12 yrs when its was done it was a restomod. I put about $95k into it. It had 1286rwhp.
You mean you're used to nitrous right ? NOS is a brand, nitrous is what you use, unless of course you were actually referring to a NOS kit. Wow 32k for a multi colored, multi-ghosted, flamed up, striped out paintjob, and 95k for a '51 ford!? Sounds like you are rolling in the dough.

One quick question, what does "candy apple blue" look like?... I've heard of candy apple red, but blue....hmmm...enlighten me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the noob