Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 11-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #1
Ckealey1

Default Vin Stamp

I am still looking for the vin stamp on my 68 coupe. it hasn't been on the road in many years and I have no idea if the inner fenders have ever been replaced. I know where they are supposed to be, but they are not there on mine. I have looked on top of the inner fenders on both the left and right sides, the fenders are off and nothing is hidden. Did FORD stamp the number anywhere else? I need to find a vin stamp or I will have a very difficult time getting the title transfered to my name in Missouri. The tag is still on the left door and I have the data plate and both match the numbers on the title but that will not satisfy the law in Mo. I bought the car from my father in Pa. and I am pretty sure he didn't steal it.
Also, can someone tell me where I can get a Chassis manual for it, as it has been disassembled almost completly.
I am new to this forum and I am sure I will have many questions in the next couple years as I start the restoration process.
Thanks for any help provided, Chris
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Ckealey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:47 PM   #2
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Vin Stamp

See if the VIN is on the dash up next to the window on the driver's side. I think 68 is when they started putting them there also.
Soaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #3
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Vehicle: 1965, ford, mustang fastback
Send a message via AIM to rmodel65 Send a message via MSN to rmodel65 Send a message via Yahoo to rmodel65

pretty sure they didnt put the vin there till 69 when they started gluing in the front windsheilds
rmodel65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #4
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Oh, OK, I wasn't real sure about that. Other than the two inner fenders, door and title, I don't know of another location for the VIN.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #5
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Vehicle: 1965, ford, mustang fastback
Send a message via AIM to rmodel65 Send a message via MSN to rmodel65 Send a message via Yahoo to rmodel65

my suggestion would be to clean the top of the inner fenders off with a wire wheel in case someone has patched it ans covered the area with filler if theres is in deed no vin i would buy a punch set of numbers and letters position the fender(so u can put it where u can read it) and stamp the vin from the title you have into the apron
rmodel65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:42 PM   #6
67Stang68
2nd Gear Member

I thought NJ was a dumb *** state, but I had no problems transferring the title. I bought my 68 in PA. as well. A signed title was all NJ needed. As far as vin # on my 68 its in 3 spots I know of. The inner fender, door and in dash which can be seen when looking at inspection sticker from outside.
67Stang68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:51 PM   #7
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

OK, so then I was right about it being on the dash. According to this decoder information the 1968 and up had the dash VIN.
http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/students/Blommel/
Old 11-02-2006, 03:51 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1965, 65, engine, ford, location, locations, mustang, problem, stamp, stamping, vin