Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

'64.5 - Correct Rear Seat Belt Bolt Location?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 01:46 AM
lboulerice

Default '64.5 - Correct Rear Seat Belt Bolt Location?

Can anyone tell me the correct location for the bolts that hold the rear seat belts in a '64.5 Mustang? I would like to install rear seat belts in mine. I know they were not available for this year. But, I would like to install them in the correct location. Some measurements and a digital photo or two would be greatly appreciated. Maybe one of you owners of a '65 or '66 could help me out? What mounting hardware was used under the floor sheet metal? I found a source for repro bolts. But, I don't know what the nut is supposed to look like. If anyone has a set of black belts and hardware, I would be interested in buying them. I'll go with an aftermarket replacement for now. I need a set of the chrome buckles to match the front. They are tougher to find. I'll mate them, with new webbing, to the mounting end (if I can ever find a set). Thanks for your help.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:53 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: '64.5 - Correct Rear Seat Belt Bolt Location?

You are correct, there were no rear seat belts in the 64.5 Mustangs. However, there have been some who have added them. I am just too lazy and tired tonight to look it up for you, but best I remember, the inside mounting point was at the top of the rear hump, and inside the frame rails on the outside. That is for lap belts, and they used big washers and nuts welded in for support. Maybe someone can point you in the right direction. And, BTW, some have added 3 points to the back seats. Do a search on here at the bottom on this thread.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:11 AM
lboulerice

Default RE: '64.5 - Correct Rear Seat Belt Bolt Location?

Thanks for the info. I have managed to locate correct bolts and blind nuts. I am looking for a pair of correct 64 1/2 buckles, and 65/66 rear seat belts (I need the anchor ends). I plan to have new webbing stitched for the 64 1/4 buckles with the 65/66 anchors. I plan to do this because I don't think the 64 1/2 eye bolts will fit under the seat as nicely as the 65/66 style. If anyone can take a few photos, with the exact measurements for locating the holes (of a factory installation), I would appreciate the help. I don't mean to sound so fussy. But, as someone once said, "Any job worth doing, is worth doing right." Or, something like that...

Thanks to all!!