Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

my baby got hurt!! =(

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 01:18 AM
ADRIAN1
2nd Gear Member

Default my baby got hurt!! =(

a sad thing happend today. as i was driving on the freeway some @s$h0l3 cut me off which caused me to spin out and hit the rail guard. i thjought the damage was going to be REALLY bad but as i got out all it is, is a damaged fender, front valance, and a headlight door. The @s$h0l3 just took off and if you guys are wondering... no i didnt get his licence because i was doing a 360.
by the way does anyone know who makes good sheetmetal parts. please help as i am going to start working on this A.S.A.P. thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/27709/23A75FEC0CC34539BE7577224CD910E7.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-13-2006, 02:14 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

Default RE: my baby got hurt!! =(

laaaammmmeee, almost the exact same thing happened to my neighbor, he was on the freeway, however, he was behind a van (like an econoline) that was behind another van (like a windstar) and the first van slammed on its brakes for some reason, which caused the econoline to slam on its brakes and my neighbor couldnt see the first one, saw the second one, realized that because he didnt have ABS he wouldnt stop in time, and had to swerve and hit the CONCRETE wall on the side of the freeway, man he was bummed, its all fixed howver, and running like a charm

BTW it was a 65 GT 350 clone, the thing is awesome, because he bought a POS (rust bucket, barely ran, however i think it barely did that) and brought it home and spent like 5 years restoring it, and he got custom sripes made and a vanity plate that all say P51 like the plane, cuz hes a pilot, so hes got GT P51 on the sides and Ford P51 as a license plate, its pretty awesome, and to top it all off he took the joystick out of an f-18 and made it into a shifter handle.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:15 AM
Halz5
2nd Gear Member

I have bought most of my parts from cjponyparts.com have been happy so far.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:23 AM
ADRIAN1
2nd Gear Member

would i be better buying my fender from a parted out mustang. Some guy in my neighborhood is parting out his '65 and is asking $35 for the fender. i think im going to get a fiberglass front valance and fiberglass GT-350 hood. where do you guys buy your fiberglass/sheetmetal parts and how do you like the fit?...
Old 11-13-2006, 03:19 AM
19stang66
4th Gear Member

Wow that sucks. It seems like a lot of classics are getting into crashes and stuff lately. Kinda glad mine is stored away for the winter! Good luck with everything.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:24 AM
paddy187
4th Gear Member

if that is an ford tooled fender for $35 and in good state get it i have heard the repro can be a pain to fit and the ford tooled ones are better. as for fuzzy friend i thought when driving u leave a apropriate space between the car in front so as to stop without having to swerve, as a rough rule of thumb two seconds of speration is general good
Old 11-13-2006, 03:40 AM
Halz5
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paddy187

if that is an ford tooled fender for $35 and in good state get it i have heard the repro can be a pain to fit and the ford tooled ones are better. as for fuzzy friend i thought when driving u leave a apropriate space between the car in front so as to stop without having to swerve, as a rough rule of thumb two seconds of speration is general good

i always thought it was one car length for every 10mph? eh it dont matter i suppose.

btw, i'd buy the used fender unless it was rusted up, more than surface rust, or if it was all dented up.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:51 AM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

often the problem with two seconds of space between you and the vehicle infront of you means that some brain donor will pull in there while you are coming to a stoplight. They love to do that when you are in a truck pulling a loaded trailer, and then they cant figure out why you are so irritable with your smoking brakes and flat spotted tires..

ignorant of anyone other than themselves. Unfortunately that is how most people here drive. I have been lucky, I have had room in the median or been able to pass them in the oncoming lane. But it happens all the time.. some people are just simply idiots.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:45 AM
paddy187
4th Gear Member

Thumpin,

That's ture here I am thinking of get a banner on the front window in mirrow writing "car in front you are my crumple zone, say hello to my v8 with the back of your head"
Old 11-13-2006, 09:09 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

that sucks but atleast your ok a car can be replaced you cant i have seen some repo parts that didnt fix right had to send hours making them right paddy187 i just hold my gun out the window they back off fast

Quick Reply: my baby got hurt!! =(