Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

I need an intern/apprentice

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 06:21 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Default I need an intern/apprentice

Its as simple as that. I need someone to help me out, but who doesnt need to pay for a wife, kids, school, mortgage, and a place to live.. lol.. What would be perfect is a guy on work release from the jail, but then when he gets out things might not stay around too long..[:@].

Cant really pay someone to work(at least not alot), but I can teach alot about what to do and what not to do, and more importantly how to do it. One benefit would be is when we sell a car, a split in the return on it would give both of us a bigger chunk of change. They could move on to something else whenever they felt like it, but it sure wouldnt be an easy life.

Both my kids are daughters and they live 850 miles away, so cant do that. I wonder how I could find a kid who would be willing to work just to learn this stuff, and can get over here often enough to actually learn it and be beneficial to me..

any ideas?
and before you think about moving up here, think about living in a small room at my place and workin your butt off for little more than knowledge.. hence an intern or apprentice.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:34 PM
mayh3m
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I need an intern/apprentice

not a bad idea if you provide shelter and food. altho this isn't 1920 anymore, so good luck with that.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:37 PM
mr.tinman

now when you said move up here ....im thinking you live way up north somewhere but if you saty in miami florida then hell i wouldnt mind driving to the shop on my days off of school and work.......i would love to learn anything and everything on how to fix my baby up.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

I know you are half way kidding, but for a kid in high school who wants to learn auto mechanics, it would be a very good deal. Check with the principal and have him announce to the student body in the morning announcements that if any boy wants to do some on the job training in auto mechanics to call you.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:43 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

I'm another florida resident,lol. Ft. Lauderdale. I tell ya, if i hadnt made plans for college, I might actually do it. Good luck with the hunt. I'm sure someone could do it though.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mayh3m

not a bad idea if you provide shelter and food. altho this isn't 1920 anymore, so good luck with that.
Actually, the 20's were very prosperous years for Americans. The stock market didn't crash until 1929, and the great depression and Oklahoma dust bowl happened in the 30's. Remember "Grapes of Wrath?"
Old 11-27-2006, 06:44 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Yeah Glen been thinkin about that. Also have talked to the teacher in the "Special" kids class, the trouble makers version. I really could use someone around to help out, besides she is really attractive and easy to look at. Considering I am 15 miles from a sizeable town, they would need to have transportation and be legal to drive.

By up here I mean the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. like right around here... its a bit of a commute to Florida from here...

aerial view
Old 11-27-2006, 07:56 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

I'm in OH but I would do it if you were close. In fact I just applied to do something like what you just described - it's a great way to learn. In addition to making an announcement at the high school you may just want to take one of your cars to a few car shows and if a high schooler stops to look then strike a conversation and mention it to him. Or just move to Clevo
Old 11-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

what about this for an idea...

I used to take my car to an older guy with years of Mustang expertise. I didn't have a lot of cash at the time, so I used to pay him for use of the hoist and advice/ instructions, then do the work myself. I learnt. I didnt spend too much. He made some money that he otherwise wouldnt have got.

I'd be pretty sure there are people out there who would pay you to help them do the work themselves. Hell, look at all the guys on this forum who turn to guys like you for advice. THen you could use the money to pay for an apprentice and work with him on your own projects.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:01 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

for 500$ a month ill come up there all I gotta pay is my insurance, and 100$ a month for my credit card payment and a little gas money[&:]