Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

New to Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Foxrider64

Default RE: New to Restoration

Here are some pictures for a little reference. I have ripped out the interior since these were taken.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Foxrider64

ORIGINAL: mlitz

that makes total sense but they have to pull the engine to repair the cowl properly. so if they pull the engine why put the old one back in?

My thoughts exactly. same with a lot of the interior electrical work
Old 11-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Bulldog66
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlitz

that makes total sense but they have to pull the engine to repair the cowl properly. so if they pull the engine why put the old one back in?
Pulling and installing any motor besides FE and big blocks in these cars is an afternoon job. (ESP the 6 cyl) Not like it's going to take a summer to do it. The cowl can be repaired, floors done and back in driving condition in a couple weekends pending time to devote to it.

All I am saying here is don't put the best part of owning one of these cars on the back burner unless you're just hell bent on doing it. I'm biting at the bit right now while I put floors in mine. I gutted the interior Wed. evening. Drove an hour to the parts house ( NPD ) to get the pans and some other misc. stuff this morning. Was going to start drilling spot welds and getting one side ready when I decided to back off and think things thru this afternoon.

I thought about it tonight and will be on it in the AM. I hope to be putting the seats back in it ( they're at the upholstery shop as of yesterday evening ) Sunday if all goes like I plan.

That puts me driving it next week sometime. Which I would much rather drive my Mustang than any of the other 4 cars we own.

Do what you will. Just don't not enjoy what you have along the way.